Direct Support Professional (DSP) - Residential - Part-time
- $18 Hourly
Here at The Arc Gloucester, we offer the unique opportunity to combine your professional experience with your passion to help individuals with intellectual or development disabilities
For more than 60 years The Arc Gloucester has provided innovative programs and services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have made a difference in the lives of many people and are very proud of that. But it's the individuals we service who bring our programs to life with their creativity, excitement, humor, talent, and so much more!
Direct Support Professionals (DSP) provide direct care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities served by The Arc Gloucester and help these individuals reach their fullest potential in accordance with their IHP's by creating a nurturing environment and maintaining programmatic needs in compliance. This position is supervised by a residential manager.
Evening, Overnight & Weekend shifts available.
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Pay Rate: $18 per hour
- $250 Referral Bonus
- Weekend Shift Differential Available
- Holiday pay
- Retirement Plans (employer contribution)
DSPs provide direct care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities served by The Arc Gloucester and help these individuals reach their fullest potential in accordance with their IHP's by creating a nurturing environment and maintaining programmatic needs in compliance.
Position: Non-exempt. Flexible hours. Must be available for emergency coverage beyond regularly scheduled hours and at least 1 weekend shift. Locations available throughout Gloucester County. This position is supervised by a Residential Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care to individuals and empower them to reach their fullest potential in accordance with their ISPs/IHPs
- Assist individuals into and out of bed, van or wheelchair, to lavatory, up and down stairs, and with the activities of daily living (ADLs) e.g. dress, bath, and groom self-using proper body mechanics, adaptive equipment, and ensuring the safety of all concerned
- Accompany individuals served outside the home, as a guide, companion and aide (e.g. shopping, religious activities, friends and family gatherings, etc.)
- Transporting individuals served and driving agency vehicle in a safe, lawful manner
- Administer prescribed medications, using the approved medication administration policies and procedures
- Assist with purchasing, preparing, and serving food for individuals while following special prescribed diets
- Provide a supportive home environment for the individual by maintaining a clean, positive, healthy, and stimulating environment while ensuring adequate supervision at all times
- Comply with supervisory directives, relevant internal and external policies and procedures, and applicable Federal, State, and local regulations, in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Maintain daily electronic and/or written records of billable services performed
- Conduct required safety drills as directed by the Program Supervisors or their designee
- Effectively plan and manage recreational activities of the individual's interest level and at the individual's pace, including organizing, implementing and participating in community activities
- Primary department, work location and schedule may vary
- Maintain confidentiality
- Comply with the DDD Program Manual, The Arc Gloucester Policies and Procedures Manual and applicable state, local and federal regulations, including any COVID-19 vaccination mandates & policies
- Must cooperate and participate in reviews, investigations, and inspections, including but not limited to DHS Licensing and DHS staff
- Occasional management responsibilities, including assisting with trainings, planning, workflow, and problem solving
- Complete and maintain required training
- Additional responsibilities as required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED), and must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a current, non-probationary driver's license with 5 points or less, and deemed acceptable to drive by The Arc Gloucester's liability insurance company
- Maintain active CPR/First Aide certification
- Proficient in basic computer, math, reading comprehension, and verbal and written communication skills
- Must know how to cook and prepare meals
- Knowledge or experience with supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred
- Successfully pass initial and ongoing State/Federal Criminal Background checks, including Fingerprinting, CARI checks, Central Registry checks and drug screens
While performing the essential functions of this position, the following are required, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to sit, drive, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate computers, phone, and other relevant technology
- Physical duties, including but not limited to carrying, driving, general lifting (at least 50 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.), assisting with transferring and lifting of individuals, pushing and pulling (resistance of at least 25 lbs.), bending, twisting, squatting, cleaning, and climbing stairs
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
The Arc GloucesterWoodbury, NJ
Personal CareView All The Arc Gloucester Jobs
Get fresh Direct Support Professional (DSP) - Residential - Part-time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.