Chief Program Officer
The Arc Baltimore Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic senior leader who is passionate about improving the lives of people with developmental disabilities. In this senior position he/she will be responsible for developing, leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs that advance the mission of the agency and that are consistent the strategic direction adopted by the Board of Directors. He/she is responsible for all current program activities as well as high-level business planning for any new strategic initiatives. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide continuous organizational focus on advancing the organization’s strategic goals and achieving its mission.
2. Guide and support the agency’s senior staff of Community and Family Living, Community Employment/Day and Quality Supports.
3. Lead a high performance team through hiring, training, retention and evaluation of assigned staff. Provide ongoing supervision regarding job duties of assigned staff.
4. Ensure that all programs and services operate consistently and ethically within missions and values of agency, are responsive to the needs and desires of individuals served, are consistent with best practices.
5. Ensure that all programs and services are properly licensed, certified and compliant with all applicable local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
6. Design and implement new initiatives, including research and analyze requirements, process/project re-designs, and operational reorganization efforts, including necessary resources, grants or other funding sources.
7. Ensure completion of identified strategic initiatives, metrics of success and/or transition strategic initiatives to other personnel for continued implementation as needed.
8. Represent The Arc Baltimore with external constituency groups, including community, governmental and private organizations in partnership with the agency CEO, CFO, COO, CHRO and CAO. Establish solid working relationships with MACS, The Arc MD, The Arc National, the Developmental Disabilities Coalition, Disabilities Rights Maryland, People on the Go, the Developmental Disabilities Administration, and the Department of Human Services.
9. Participate in advocacy efforts to influence public policy on local, state and national level.
10. Provide guidance in the implementation of continuous quality enhancement that assure the organization continues to maintain focus of promoting integration, community connections and supporting individuals with making informed choices in all aspects of their lives.
11. Set performance expectations and evaluate performance in regards to set metrics which include individual outcomes, financial viability and quality measures.
12. Ensure the continued financial viability of programs though sound fiscal management. Support team in preparation of annual operating budget and manage effectively within board approved budget. Stay abreast and responsive to fiscal climate including changes in billing parameters and required documentation.
13. Participate in agency’s fund-raising and community awareness events.
14. Assist with team development and mission focus through collaboratively setting and managing the agenda of Leadership meetings and Administrative team meetings.
15. Support agency participation in external accreditation reviews including pre-review activities, actual on-sight review and follow-up with any recommendations.
16. Complete all agency-required trainings for position.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Significant record of accomplishment of at least ten years of experience in the field of Human Services, developmental disability related preferred, in a senior leadership role operating multiple services programs.
· Must be passionate about our mission, high-energy leader with exceptional work ethic.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work, Special Education, Psychology or related field preferred.
· Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, and engaging community and legislative partners.
· Ability to provide tangible examples of excellence in budget management, program analytics, measurement, and evaluation.
· Ability to operate as an effective tactical and as well as strategic thinker.
· Experience in management of multiple program models preferred.
· Excellent public speaking and advocacy skills.
Must have flexibility to travel and work in a variety of settings including office environment, day centers, employment sites, individual and family homes, as well as other community locations. The ability to adapt to and potentially supervise people from a variety of cultures is essential. Evening and weekend work required.
The Arc BaltimoreWhy Work Here?
PTO Holiday Pay
The Arc Baltimore is looking for passionate and compassionate people to join our staff and provide life-changing supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The individuals we support are more active in the community than ever before. They're living in Baltimore's neighborhoods; they're going to work, paying their bills, going out with friends. They're living and thriving in the community.
7215 York Rd BaltimoreBaltimore, MD
BusinessView all jobs at The Arc Baltimore