- Posted: over a month ago
- $21 to $26 Hourly
SIGN-ON Bonus offered: $1,000
If you are flexible, compassionate toward both people and animals, and are driven to consistently do your best, you may have what it takes to become a Team Member at The Animal Foundation.
Job Type: Full-time
Sign-on Bonus: $1,000
Full-time & Part-time Team Members
- Retirement – 403b
- Perks for your personal pet
Full-time Team Members (waiting period may apply)
- Equivalent to a degree as a veterinary technician from a college accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association or the appropriate agency in the state where the college is located.
- One (1) year of experience in a veterinary clinic, hospital or animal shelter.
- Valid Nevada Veterinary Technician (VT) license.
- At the sole discretion of the Animal Foundation, a valid Nevada Veterinary Technician in Training (VTIT) license may substitute for a VT license for a reasonable period of time.
- Conducts and monitors the flow of surgery and makes sure that employees and students are performing anesthetic monitoring, surgical prepping and recovering correctly.
- Assists with surgical duties in a high volume, fast-paced environment pursuant to Nevada State law, and under the supervision of a veterinarian.
- Required to intubate animals during surgical prepping and/or during emergency procedures.
- Provides routine medical testing and preventative care to animals as directed. This includes use of blood machine equipment and collection of samples, urinalysis sticks, microscopic work, infectious disease testing, other.
Brief Job Description
Responsible for performance of all functions of a licensed veterinary technician (LVT) according to State of Nevada veterinary law. Provides compassionate and humane medical care to the animals in our care in accordance with protocols created by veterinarians at The Animal Foundation.
Brief company description
A nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization, The Animal Foundation of Las Vegas, founded in 1978 as a low-cost spay and neuter clinic, is now the highest volume single-site animal shelter in America.
Much like a public hospital, as an open-admission shelter, The Animal Foundation takes in every animal who comes to us in need, no matter how sick or injured. From the expected dogs, cats, and rabbits, to pigs, chickens, and exotic animals, we serve them all. Just like a hospital, we can’t save them all. What we can do, with the support of the community, is save every healthy and treatable animal who comes to us in need.
Consider joining us in our dedication to saving the lives of all healthy and treatable animals in the Las Vegas Valley.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected of this position. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive listing or description of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of incumbents in the job.
The Animal Foundation
AddressLas Vegas, NV
AnimalView all jobs at The Animal Foundation