Project Manager, Industry Relations & Exhibits
- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Manager, Industry Relations & Exhibits (Project Manager) reports directly to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and is primarily responsible for expanding current relationships with our Industry supporters to help contribute to non-dues revenue through the Optometry’s Meeting (OM) Exhibit Hall by managing logistics and offering ongoing support to Exhibitors. The Project Manager will oversee all logistical aspects of Industry projects/programs including all phases in the project lifecycle from initiating, planning, executing, and closing. The Project Manager will directly interface with Industry and is responsible for assuring all the benefits and deliverables are accurately tracked and reported back to the supporters and exhibitors.
- Leads OM Exhibit Hall logistics, serving as subject matter expert/point of contact for exhibitors. Prepares and executes communication plans to open and facilitate booth sales, proactively communicating necessary information to exhibitors in preparation for OM. Provides ongoing high-touch support to exhibitors as needed.
- Coordinates logistics of Optometry’s Meeting sponsorships, such as Industry signage and branding, communicating deadlines and other pertinent information directly to Industry partners, and addressing Industry questions to ensure all pieces are prepared in alignment with sponsorship agreements.
- Serves as the Industry Relations Center’s (IRC) external liaison for executing the logistics of various sponsored programs as assigned by IRC leadership. This includes but is not limited to collaborating with Industry to solidify program timelines and travel plans, and collecting the information and documentation necessary to execute all aspects of sponsored programs/projects.
- Assists Director with invoicing for year-round programs and OM as needed.
- Leads the on-site support for exhibitors during OM and provides on-site assistance at OM sponsored functions as needed. Attends sponsored functions, when applicable to ensure customer satisfaction.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in exhibit hall logistics and exhibitor relations
- Demonstrated success in project management/coordination, preferably in an association or non-profit setting.
- Experience with industry partnerships and sales experience is a plus.
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- Proficient in Office 365, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Canva.
- Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Expresses strong written and verbal communication; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information specific to program or activity.
- Ability to work independently, possessing a high degree of accountability.
- Accountable to team, works to meet established deliverables, appreciates view of team members, respectful.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Travel to Optometry’s Meeting and the opportunity to attend two-three Optometric Conferences throughout the year as needed.
The American Optometric Association
AddressSaint Louis, MO
ConstructionView all jobs at The American Optometric Association