For over fifty years, American Fence Company has been the fence contractor of choice for some of our nation’s most secure facilities to provide security. Mid-American Energy, Facebook, and the University of Iowa all rely on us. You will also find our work at every major landmark in Iowa and beyond from Blank Park Zoo, Kinnick Stadium, Duane Banks Field to the Mesabi Trail. American Fence Company is one of our Nation’s Top Ten Largest Fence Contractors.
Learning the industry, we have you covered. American Fence Company invests a great deal of time and resources in our Fence Certification Program for our commercial sales people as they are critical to the success of our business. You will spend time in the field with our crews, classroom time learning the specifics of the fence industry, and experiential opportunities in quoting and managing projects. This entire process involves working directly with over twenty of our top notch staff, each prepared to provide you with what you need to be successful.
This is not a pie in the sky opportunity! Every lead is customer driven that requires an immediate solution. There is no cold calling and prospect lists.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Desire to win and aggressive spirit.
- Knowledge of the overall construction industry and protocol.
- High order of organization and systematic practices.
- Great aptitude and ability to quickly learn industry products, installations standards, etc.
- Effective skills in oral and written communications. Capable of producing effective proposals, RFIs, etc.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks.
You will be responsible for the estimating and supplying a proposal for products as supplied by the Company to all interested parties for projects within your territory. This will require blue print interpretation, scope take-offs, estimating and preparation of the proposal.
Following the sale, you will continue your relationship with the customer in providing all product information, further information, and changes in scope.
You will team with your project managers, field superintendents, crew support and fabrication in seeing your project through to completion.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Base salary of $55,000-$60,000 plus commission.
In addition to excellent compensations, we offer:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Optional Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- 401K with a Company match
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays and Personal Days
Equal Opportunity Employer.