Job Title: MOC Content Editor
Department: Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Reports to: MOC Program and Communications Manager
Location: Dallas, Texas – ABOG Office (Uptown)
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) seeks a Content Editor to support the development of the article-based Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment portion of the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment (LLS) articles and questions.
- Proofreading and editing items for LLS article questions including restructuring content according to style guidelines, MOC-specific criteria, and principles of question construction.
- Adhering to item development deadlines and regulating workflow processes when working with Divisions that write the article questions.
- Monitor and improve the quality of the LLS articles and questions and ensure that ABOG standards and specifications have been met.
- Understand medical terminology and apply medical writing style guides.
- Develop, update, and maintain guides and procedures specific to item writing and bulletins.
- Work with the MOC team to execute editing process workflow.
- Work within the MOC team to recruit specialty and subspecialty subject matter experts as necessary (SMEs).
- Facilitate SME and subspecialty Division meetings, monitor progress, and prepare meeting reports as needed.
- Develop, facilitate, and management of item-writing workshops and item review sessions; ensure that SMEs are properly trained.
- Edit test items and ensure that the item-editing process is completed in a timely manner, that content fits and fulfills approved specifications, and that form and structure is consistent with psychometric standards, ABOG standards, and AMA style standards.
- Confirm that complete and accurate information about test items has been recorded in the test banking software.
- Confirm that any graphics are clear, owner approved for use and links to items have been correctly entered.
- Coordinate the identification, approval, and listing of reference/resource materials. Find or confirm needed information in medical source materials.
- Monitor test bank statuses and perform quality control checks
- Work with MOC Program & Communication Manager to develop content for MOC item writing orientation.
- Work with MOC Specialists to answer inquiries from physicians with questions about the Lifelong Learning content and process to provide accurate responses.
- Maintain SME documentation to ensure currency and completeness to meet American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (or other CME providers) requirements and Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education standards.
- Monitor and ensure the security and integrity of LLS material, including monitoring for copyright infringement, working with security vendors, and developing strategies and tactics to ensure the integrity of ABOG’s proprietary assets.
- Work with psychometrician on statistical analyses of items, constructing assessments, and evaluating assessments post-launch.
- Communicate as necessary with vendors such as Pearson VUE and publishers of journals in Lifelong Learning.
- Represent ABOG and MOC at external meetings, at relevant industry conferences, to the ABMS, and to other member boards.
- Serve as staff liaison with ABOG Divisions and Committees.
- Contribute to papers, posters, and reports on MOC program performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.