Senior Specialist, Pest Management
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Almond Board of California is looking for a Senior Specialist, Pest Management to join our amazing Research and Innovation team. This position will support all aspects of the Almond Board’s work related to management of pests in almond production. The position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer, with additional support to our Global Communications and Global Technical and Regulatory Affairs (GTRA) teams related to pesticide pest management and use. This position serves as the technical expert for the Almond Board on pest management, serving as a bridge between research and industry outreach. As such, the position requires both an understanding of research and the ability to communicate effectively with researchers, as well as the ability to translate and communicate effectively with audiences of growers and industry professionals. This is an exempt position based in Central California.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as a primary resource on pest management issues and the PM research program for ABC
- Engage industry on development and implementation of pest management strategies
- Collaborate with ABC on developing industry outreach vehicles
- Identify opportunities from research to communicate new findings and pest management best practices to growers and PCA’s
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with UC ANR and CAPCA to amplify ABC outreach through co-development of events or resource materials for pest management
- Lead the technical review of research proposals and oversee implementation of projects
- Provide input for our regulatory affairs team on technical or practical issues associated with pesticide use, including but not limited to the Pest Strategic Plan
Our ideal candidate requirements:
- A master’s degree in an area of science related to entomology or pest management, with at least two years of research experience acquired as part of education or work experience
- At least two years of grower-related field experience acquired during research or previous agricultural positions.
- Understanding of the principles and conduct of scientific research
- Strong presentation and communication skills to reach audiences of all sizes and backgrounds
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to foster strong relationships with stakeholders
What will set you apart?
- Proven experience breaking down complex research into actionable recommendations
The Almond Board of California is a respected industry association that globally promotes California Almonds on behalf of over 7,600 growers and 100 processors under the supervision of the US Department of Agriculture. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and generous benefit programs to our valued team members. Full description of this role is available at www.almonds.com.
The Almond Board of California
1150 9th St. Suite 1500 ModestoSacramento, CA
BusinessView all jobs at The Almond Board of California