Broker Sales Advisor
This is a Full-Time Position that offers a generous base salary and competitive comp plan. As an Employee, you will enjoy benefits to include - Paid Time Off, Major Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. HSA and FSA Options, Additional Company Paid Benefits include Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401k Match, and Employee Assistance Program!
We are seeking a Broker Sales Advisor who has a good working knowledge of the Individual Plans to call on Brokers, GAs, MGAs and TPAs. The position requires a seasoned individual with industry knowledge who will contact top MGAs and Brokers to position Ensurian as the ideal partner providing innovative products, value-added services, and best-in-class customer service.
The Broker Sales Advisor is responsible for developing the broker channel within their state / territory and will work closely with the Regional Sales Director.
- You will be required to sell our Individual Healthcare Plans by developing relationships through an established network of insurance brokers, third party administrators, consultants and developing new prospects in a designated territory.
- Develop internal relationships, with underwriters and internal support partners who will assist you in meeting our client’s needs.
- Build and establish relationships with key sources to market our portfolio of products to some of the nation’s leading Broker’s and employers.
- Assist Regional Sales Manager in the distribution, support, and sales of Ensurian products.
- Attend local and national networking functions within the industry to objectively yield broker and prospect relationships.
- Serve as primary contact for general broker questions, service issues, and client feedback to facilitate the proper resolutions and account support / management.
- Deliver convincing presentations to brokers and prospective groups that focus on Aliera’s innovative approach to healthcare.
- Construct and maintain a business plan for your designated territory based on sales and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare and present effective reporting which identifies intermediate activity goals, key messaging, and assesses and priorities key clients and broker relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent
- Current General Lines –Life, Accident, and Health Insurance license
- Bilingual - Spanish/English
- Previous (3-5) years of experience selling Healthcare or Health Insurance with a demonstrated record of success.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills are crucial
- Proficient in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Speed to complete tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Motivated and driven by achievement and financial rewards.
- Possess a willingness to work within the framework of a sales team dedicated to achieving the goals of strategic growth.
- Positive attitude and friendly disposition.
- The ability to understand and balance sales objectives and strategy with the needs of brokers and prospective clients.
- Essential written communication skills required include business communications across multiple mediums.
- Oral communication skills must be assertive but not aggressive and must include the ability to present relevant information quickly and chronologically to facilitate knowledge transfer and decision making.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, serviceable and presentable vehicle and full coverage automotive insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Aliera Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.