Long-Term Substitute English Teacher
- Expired: January 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Agnes Irwin School, an all-girls' Pre-K through 12th grade independent school in the Philadelphia suburbs, is committed to fostering the intellectual and personal growth of girls and young women. Providing its students with a rigorous academic education, AIS is dedicated to developing each student's highest potential in intellect, character, and physical well-being.
Currently, The Agnes Irwin School is seeking a Long-Term Substitute Upper School English Teacher.Successful candidates will be committed to fostering the intellectual and personal growth of students through the mission of The Agnes Irwin School and the Core Values of Excellence, Character, Community, and Respect.
- Teach and manage students in four sections of English (grades 10-12)
- Prepare course materials
- Maintain student attendance and grade records
- Evaluate and grade students' work
- Be available to meet with students during office hours and planning periods
- Create and maintain a caring, safe environment conducive to students doing their best work
- Implement current curriculum and contribute to its ongoing development
- Work constructively with parents and colleagues
- Inform parents and Division Director of students' progress through written reports and conferences
- Bachelor's Degree in English or related field (advanced degree and previous teaching experience preferred)
- Proficiency in the use of classroom technology: interactive smart boards, LMS, various Google and Microsoft Office applications, etc
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
The Agnes Irwin School
AddressBryn Mawr, PA
Get fresh Independent Contractor Substitute Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.