Our Client a Gourmet restaurant Chain is searching for a Director of Digital Marketing to join the team. This new role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be a key collaborator with the marketing team, operations, vendors and agencies. He/she will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and championing capabilities and toolsets that ultimately improve digital guest experiences, increase traffic, positively impact guest loyalty and retention, and drive store or online ordering and sales. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with a blend of business, marketing, product, and technology experience and will act as the Subject matter expert (SME) for all things Digital Media. This role will be viewed as an internal thought- leader and be part of shaping the future of our guest-facing digital experiences. This role is one-part Strategist, one-part Planner, and one-part Digital Media Consultant.
• Act as the strategic leader of all digital initiatives in driving guest engagement, company revenue
and profit growth through the company’s digital channels
• Provide thought leadership in terms of evolving our marketing technology from a business needs perspective; think big picture but provide support for incremental and evolutionary improvements
• Develop brand marketing strategy and plan including initiatives/programs for growing traffic and sales online and in-store; partner with cross-functional lead(s) on the development and delivery of consumer-insights and analytics; prioritize and roll-out program enhancements for digital, in-store, mobile, paid media, etc.
• Plan, concept, and execute all digital marketing campaigns and/or initiatives across owned, earned, and paid digital media (i.e. Website, Social, VG Rewards app, Influencer, SEM, Display)
• Oversee email marketing strategy and execution supporting in-store initiatives, brand and eCommerce
• Manage digital content strategy and creation including paid digital campaigns for search, social media, YouTube, and influencers
• Oversee strategy and roadmap for the mobile app and other digital initiatives, including web orders, and mobile app feature development
• Responsible for big creative ideas and excellent execution, developing and managing a process across internal teams and external agency partners.
• Budget management; ensures that dollars are allocated and spent effectively and within budget
parameters; responsible for maintaining these budgets throughout the year, balancing expenditures and profitability expectations
• 6+ years in marketing, digital, product, technology or related experience
• 2+ years in direct people management
• Thrives at the intersection of marketing, business and technology
• Proficient knowledge of the digital marketing landscape (e.g. digital experience and multi-channel management, marketing operations, customer data management, eCommerce, etc.)
• Strong understanding, and can speak the language, of common technology development practices, needs and solutions (APIs, data sets, etc)
• Working knowledge of UX/Design best practices
• Experience with content management systems and an understanding of common publishing needs
• Skilled at leading cross-functional teams, agencies and/or suppliers
• Experience with a project and technology management and delivery processes and methodologies;
agile, waterfall, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work and achieve in a fast-paced, dynamic, and limited resource environment.
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Embraces and perseveres through ambiguity or change
• Strong relationship-building skills; collaborative
• Analytically-minded and curious
• Self-driven, enthusiastic and inspirational
• Relentlessly guest-focused
• Work experience reflects two or more organizational types: business, marketing, product, technology
• Work experience from retail or digital-focused company a plus
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.