Psychiatric Rehab Vocational Counselor
- Posted: over a month ago
- $27,500 to $29,000 Yearly
The Rock Creek Foundation, which remains part of the Affiliated Santé Group today, pioneered the community-based treatment of individuals with both psychiatric needs and developmental disabilities, employing values-based management services. Those services included the first private fee-for-service outpatient mental health center and psychiatric rehabilitation program in the State of Maryland. Rock Creek’s ground-breaking treatment and service delivery strategies were praised by the President’s Committee on Mental Retardation in 1979 as a “program of national significance.” At the time, direct state funding and grants were not available to enable low-income individuals and families to access such innovative services. RCF’s commitment to serving all populations led the organization to secure Medicaid funding for such services, a new use of Medicaid funds at the time.
The employee is responsible for TX planning, individual crisis management, documentation, case management, and group facilitation, and will work in a multi-disciplinary environment with therapists, psychiatrists and nursing staff.
- Assesses clients' social, emotional, financial, health, or other problems to develop rehabilitation treatment plan
- Implements treatment plans with client
- Counsels clients, assisting them to identify and resolve problems and make effective use of resources
- Organizes and conducts support group and vocational groups as needed
- Works closely with families of clients and provides appropriate clinical referrals for family members
- Maintains working relationships with staff of other agencies and institutions, homes, and facilities, and acts as liaison between clients and agency or institution
- Develops and maintains contact with other agency staff and local service providers to promote coordination and integration of care
- Helps clients understand mental illness and how it affects their health and life styles
- Encourages clients to do things for themselves to retain feelings of independence and self-esteem
- Prepares and maintains written case records, reports, and forms, performs case follow-up and closing, and performs other administrative tasks as required
- Endeavors to place individual in gainful employment after acquisition of marketable skills
- Resolve work related problems or difficulties, and assigns individual to simpler tasks when worker cannot perform assigned duties
- Observes worker to ensure that work is performed according to prescribed methods and meets established standards
- Maintains working relationships with staff of other agencies and institutions, homes, facilities, and acts as liaison between clients and agency/ institution. Acts as liaison between clients and their supervisor and co-workers
- Helps clients understand mental illness and how it affects their health, life styles, and employment
- Determines suitable job or business consistent with applicant's desires, aptitudes, and physical, mental, and emotional limitations. Plans and arranges for applicant to study or train for job
- Attends mandatory meetings
- Check’s work email at the beginning and end of each shift
- Participates in and successfully completes all required trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with Adults diagnosed with varying mental health and intellectual disabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with less than two (2) points as well as current automobile insurance.
- Must have access to a vehicle to use for business purposes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
Rock Creek Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Rock Creek Foundation participates in E-Verify.
The Affiliated Sante Group
AddressSilver Spring, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at The Affiliated Sante Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?