SIGINT Processing Specialist
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Electronics and Sensors Division (ESD) is a world-class engineering and scientific leader in electronics and remote sensing systems. The Radar Processing and Analysis Department (RPAD) resides within ESD. Our team includes a diverse set of highly respected engineers and scientists working to advance the most challenging Radar technologies and associated missions.
Are you excited about applying innovative engineering techniques to problems of national importance? If so, we would love to have you on our team of dedicated and enthusiastic space RF analysts. We bring to bear expertise in a wide variety of fields including image formation processing, antenna modeling, signal processing and algorithm development to tackle tough problems and explore novel ideas, directly impacting the future of the space enterprise. We are searching for engineers, mathematicians, and scientists to grow our department of highly skilled technical specialists. Join us today and become a part of a culture that promotes innovation, growth, and technical excellence!
Work Model: This role will work onsite 4+ days/week in Chantilly, VA
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing and employing sophisticated simulation tools to support a variety of design and mission trades.
- Studies will focus on understanding signals of interest, reviewing and improving signal processing algorithms and providing design improvements areas of SIGINT, Radar and Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
- Acting as a technical expert for a portfolio of high-impact projects, engaging in team projects to collaborate with other experts and provide enterprise solutions.
- Working with our expert teams, combined with sophisticated in-house laboratories and capabilities, enables you to shape the future of Radar and be part of our nation's space mission.
- Engineering innovative and sophisticated SIGINT solutions for the latest space applications
- Architecting antenna, payload and sensor performance for mission success
- Model target RF signatures for exploitation applications
- Characterizing performance to support program acquisition, planning and maturation
- Partnering with technical experts across multiple disciplines to explore innovative solutions to critical national missions
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, or related technical discipline
- 8 or more years of experience in SIGINT and/or Radar systems
- Experience with signal processing
- Technically adept with MATLAB or Python
- A history that shows personal accountability, a willingness to teach others, and an ability to adapt to changing customer expectations
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, issued by the US government, including willingness to submit to a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph for SCI access. US citizenship is require to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced graduate degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, or related technical discipline
- 12+ years of experience in SIGINT and/or Radar systems
- Familiarity with antenna and payload hardware designs
- Experience with space based systems
- Current and active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Our leadership philosophy is simple: every employee, regardless of level and role, can demonstrate leadership. At Aerospace, our commitment is our people. To cultivate our talent and ensure that we have a strong pipeline of future leaders, we want individuals who:
- Operate Strategically
- Lead Change
- Engage with Impact
- Foster Innovation
- Deliver Results
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
The Aerospace CorporationChantilly, VA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh SIGINT Processing Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.