Middle and High School Chemistry Science Teacher
The Adelson Educational Campus (AEC) is looking for dedicated educators to join our staff for the 2019-2020 school year. With class sizes that average 15 students and salaries/benefits competitive with the school district, AEC is a wonderful environment for teachers looking to join a close-knit educational community. AEC seeks an experienced Chemistry Science teacher to teach middle and high school classes.
We are seeking candidates with a bright personality and a passion to teach. Ideal candidates will be able to maintain and promote rigor through differentiation to help students reach their full potential by providing them opportunities that empower and strengthen their academic performance. Experience with and enthusiasm for Project Based Learning and a collaborative approach to teaching Science is desired.
Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and experience teaching science to middle and/or high school students. Experience teaching Chemistry, Physical Science and AP Chemistry are strongly preferred. Experience teaching forensic science or space science is a plus.
• Develop and implement a curriculum and lesson plans that will foster knowledge and skills essential to effectively teach students in the grade assigned.
• Create hands-on, inquiry-based, project-based lessons that build excitement for Science.
• Evaluate each student’s progress in his/her knowledge and critical thinking skills.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement and learning through formal and informal testing.
• Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of the school.
• Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
• Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly including communication with parents to discuss the individual student’s progress.
• Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
• Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, a Science field, Science Education, or related
• Minimum of 2 years of science teaching experience at the 6-12 level
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• This position is part-time
• Submit a cover letter with the resume
• Share contact info for at least 2 recent references, one must be an employer
Please send credentials and a cover letter to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org