The Actors Fund Home, an assisted living, skilled nursing, accredited dementia care and sub acute rehabilitation center and memory care unit ,located in Englewood, NJ, and a recipient of the U.S. News and World Report’s coveted “Best Nursing Homes in America,” seeks a Part Time Dietary Aide to provide prompt and courteous food service to residents and guests.
The Dietary Aide will:
· Prepares desserts, juices, salads and other food items as directed.
· Prepares trays according to planned menu. Checks special diet trays with diet orders before distribution.
· Places trays in food delivery cart. Must be able to carry trays of minimum varied weights.
· Performs dish washing duties if directed.
· Performs cleaning duties if directed in kitchen as scheduled and directed.
· Cleans work area after each meal.
· Prepares nourishment cart for nursing residents.
· Adheres to uniform standards and other policies and procedures of the facility.
· Practices appropriate safety measures to prevent infection, accident or injury.
· Is familiar with the care and use of supplies and equipment procedures of the facility.
· Respects all resident / facility information as confidential.
· Is available for weekend, holiday, and evening work as may be required.
· Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
1. Has a high school diploma or an equivalency certificate.
2. Ability to read, write, and comprehend English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Be able to work in cooperation with other staff members.
4. Be tactful and courteous with residents and relations.
5. High degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
6. Have an understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with the aging.
The hours for this position are 11:00 am to 8:00 pm. Must be able to work holidays and weekends
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a part-time position based at The Lillian Booth Actors Home in Englewood, NJ. This position is not entitled to benefits.
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theater, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.or residents in a person centered care environment.