Award winning Actors Fund Homes, recently named one of the best Nursing Homes by US News and World Report, in Englewood, NJ, seeks Full Time Registered Nurses to provide direct nursing care to residents and supervise day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistants.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
These are Per Diem positions based at The Lillian Booth Actors Home in Englewood, NJ. The successful candidate must be able to cover assigned shifts on a regular basis, including holidays.
The Registered Nurse will:
- Administer professional treatments including catheterization, tube feedings, colostomy, drainage bags, etc.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensure that all residents are assessed and evaluated as per policy and procedure throughout their stay.
- Direct functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with rules, regulations and guidelines
- Complete and file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon resident admission, transfer and/or discharge.
The Registered Nurse must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and hold a valid license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of New Jersey. 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in a long term care facility or other related health care facility is also required. Electronic Charting experience a plus. The candidate must have high school graduate level verbal and written communications skills, including ability to read and write in English and follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) is required: This position requires ability to frequently push, twist, stoop, bend, climb stairs, and reach above or below shoulder height. Ability to occasionally and safely lift, varied weights of 80-175 lbs, with assistance of other personnel or mechanical lift is also required.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have experience in geriatric nursing
- Be able to work in cooperation with residents and staff
- Be tactful and courteous with residents, families and others
- Be adaptable to change and able to deal with crisis and emergencies
- Have an understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with the aging