The Actors Fund Home, an assisted living, skilled nursing, accredited dementia care and sub acute rehabilitation center located in Englewood, NJ, and a recipient of the U.S. News and World Report’s coveted “Best Nursing Homes in America,” seeks a Full Time Cook.
The Cook is responsible for preparing meals for residents and staff. The Cook is also responsible for determining and obtaining food and supplies needed for daily menus.
The Cook will also assist in scheduled cleaning duties following established sanitary standards. If directed, Cook will also assist in supervising dietary functions and personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ServSafe Certified
- Knowledge of cooking in a healthcare setting
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Make simple calculations
- Maintain required records as necessary
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to cover assigned shifts, including holidays, and vacations/call outs of other team members
- Must be able to lift various carton weights to maximum of 40 lbs
- An understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with the aging
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Hours: Full Time (40)
Shift: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm or 10:30 am to 7:00 pm with rotating days and every other weekend off
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.
For more about The Actors Fund, please visit: www.actorsfund.org.
The Actors Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.