Hotel Front Desk
- Posted: over a month ago
Seeking experienced HOTEL FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Guest Services)
HOURS: currently looking to fill morning shift (7:00am - 3:00pm)
WAGES: $16.00-$18.00/hour DOE (benefits available for full-time employees)
FULL and PART TIME positions available: Represents the Hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay by working with all Hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests & ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay & smooth check-out. Night Audit experience a plus.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong guest service skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Reservation Department. Take same-day reservations & future reservations when necessary. Working knowledge of cancellation procedures.
- Register arriving guests & assign rooms.
- Use persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms & to promote other services of the Hotel.
- Manage & resolve any guest complaints in a professional & courteous manner.
- Process guest check-outs & handle monetary transactions.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance & demeanor.
- Knowledge of surrounding area & local events.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous HOTEL front desk experience a plus, but will train.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, & holidays.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
Previous hotel front desk experience preferred. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, this position could require working varying schedules that may include nights, weekends & holidays. In depth knowledge of hotel PMS systems highly desirable. Must possess an outgoing, upbeat personality & provide service with a smile. Dedicated team player who leads by example & can work independently. Manage all guest complaints & compliments in a prompt courteous manner & ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Respond to all guest requests in a timely manner & follow up to insure completion & total guest satisfaction. Maintain daily operational requirements of guest recognition & frequent guest programs. Maintain & monitor shift checklists to verify completion of assigned tasks. Assist management with special projects as needed.
The Academy Hotel
AddressColorado Springs, CO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?