- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE:
A21 is a nonprofit organization fueled by radical hope that human beings everywhere will be rescued from bondage and completely restored. We are the abolitionists of the 21st century, and we work to free people in slavery and disrupt the demand.
For 14 years now, we've rolled up our sleeves and set our feet to action. Why? Because in a single moment a number can turn into a name, a tragedy into a victory, and a belief into an action. Freedom. That's our goal for every human being on the planet.
OUR MISSION: Abolish slavery everywhere, forever.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Bilingual Case Worker
- To assist with the running of A21 services to survivors of human trafficking to ensure the best possible outcome for each individual
- To assist in interviewing potential aftercare cases and potential victims of trafficking, both English and Spanish speaking
- To assist in crisis situations as directed by Aftercare Manager
- To assist with repatriations and relocations as directed by Aftercare Manager
- Keep the A21 aftercare line on you, during scheduled times, and follow answering policies
*This is an ever-changing role that may have duties added/subtracted as the A21 US Aftercare operations grow
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY DUTIES
- Provide long-term survivor driven case management to survivors of human trafficking
- Conduct Potential VoT Interviews and Potential Aftercare Case Interviews as directed by Aftercare Manager
- Provide emotional and psychological support to individual survivors as required
- Provide basic needs such as food and clothing according to need
- Cooperate with Law enforcement, Partner NGO’s, and Community Partners to ensure best possible care for survivor
- Accompany survivors to appointments
- Accompany survivors, when applicable, to safe accommodation
- Arrange details for repatriations and relocations when applicable
- Perform any other duties that may arise in the course of the shift, as appropriate to the individual’s knowledge, skills, and capabilities
- Assist survivors as they commence the process of building a new life, with appropriate outside interests and begin to form a circle of friends as they move toward independent living
- Assist survivors in the process of educational and vocational opportunities
- Assist survivors in finding employment and housing
- Facilitate A21 Life Programs when appropriate
- Ensure survivors have all required documentation in order for them to apply for jobs or education
- Ensure that survivors understand the relevant government system and departments that they are likely to encounter and what their rights are as a victim
- Complete appropriate reporting forms in compliance with A21 Policies and Procedures
- Attend community events, meetings, and engage with partners as directed
Working with Crisis Situations
- Respond to crisis situations as directed by Aftercare Manager.
Working with External Agencies
- To liaise with other agencies as necessary to support the progress of the survivors
- Required to have Supervision once per month (allocated by A21)
- To have read and signed the A21 Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and Nondisclosure Agreement
- May have to use personal car at times, or frequently, for work
- Some travel, both national and international, associated with trainings and survivor care may be required
For Bilingual Caseworkers:
- Translate important documents into survivor’s primary language.
- Translate for agencies that do not speak the survivor’s primary language.
- Act as the primary Caseworker for non-English speaking/ESL survivors
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS - Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to uphold, safeguard, and promote organization’s values and philosophy, particularly relating to ethics, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
- Commitment to equality and diversity issues.
- Fluent in writing, reading and speaking English and Spanish
- Good standard of general education
- Educated to degree level (preferably in Community Services or Social Work)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity, maintains confidential information
- Proficient in the use of all applicable Google programs: Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Hold a driver’s license with no pending infringements
- Provide a background check with no infringements
- Should you have or obtain a professional license while employed with The A21 Campaign, Inc. you are responsible for ensuring that the license is kept up to date or this will affect your ability to be employed with the organization.
- Ability to speak and write other languages
- Experience working and coordinating with Government and Non-Government Organisations
- Experience working with law enforcement
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate
The A21 Campaign
AddressHaltom City, TX
GovernmentView all jobs at The A21 Campaign