Addiction Recovery Peer Mentor in Recovery Home
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, 401k,
PART TIME OR FULL TIME!
The Recovery Mentor is currently an hourly position and therefore non-exempt; the position is eligible for overtime pay in accordance with Massachusetts State Law. Compensation is paid bi-weekly and Full Time team members are eligible for benefits, including health insurance (after any applicable waiting period set forth in the offer letter).
The Recovery Mentor is expected to work up to 5 days/evenings per week, including some weekend shifts. He is responsible for client support and participates in house management during his scheduled time as well as supporting a culture that promotes Client success. The job functions will vary greatly based on Client needs, but here is a list of essential functions:
1. Understands and works to meet and exceed the needs of Clients while balancing the desires of the Client with the best course of action for their recovery.
2. Understands Tharros House goals for Client satisfaction and strives to meet and exceed these goals.
3. Promotes an environment that facilitates innovation, creative solutions and empowerment.
4. Demonstrates competency in peer leadership skills, work and service.
5. Serves as coach, mentor and positive role model to Clients and other team members.
6. Holds self and others accountable to the highest standards.
In addition to the functions above, the Recovery Mentor is expected to set a good example when performing their role. These requirements include:
1. Provide coaching to sober living Clients as needed
2. Conduct random drug and alcohol screenings, storing specimens for collection, as needed
3. Conduct random inspections of client personal belongings to ensure that there are no drugs, alcoholic beverages, drug paraphernalia, etc.
4. Enforce house policies, including nightly curfew and recovery meeting attendance
5. Facilitate house meetings, as needed (training provided)
6. Observe and facilitate client medicines in compliance with Tharros House standards and Massachusetts law.
7. Report any safety / risk issues to The Program Director and Assistant Program Director in a timely manner
8. Drive clients to various meetings/appointments/Transportation (T-stop) (House owned/insured Vehicle is available for this)
a. If driving clients in your own vehicle, an additional car insurance policy (Driver non-own), in effect when driving clients. Car cost reimbursement at $0.565 per mile is also provided.
b. While performing driving duties, texting is never permitted. No response is important enough to text while actively driving.
9. Ensure all client disputes and concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner; seek assistance from The Program Director when necessary.
The Recovery Tech may join Clients for meals that occur during their shift, and is permitted to consume food and other consumables which are provided for Clients.
A successful Recovery Tech will consistently exhibit:
1. Continuous sobriety and active participation in a recovery fellowship (AA, Refuge, SMART, Etc.)
2. Excellent oral communication
4. Hospitality skills / background (preferred, but not required)
5. Strong boundaries
6. Ability to set a positive tone and maintain a positive attitude at almost all times
7. Good organizational skills
8. Ability to deescalate emotional situations
9. Capable of building positive relationships with all clients
10. Adaptable and flexible with changes in the work environment
- Correspond with director on a regular basis to report issues
- Assist participants to secure resources to learn the day-to-day skills necessary to live successfully in recovery; budgeting, healthy meal preparation, grocery shopping, time management and other life skills
FULL TIME TEAM MEMBERS HAVE EXCELLENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING LIFE INSURANCE, DENTAL, BCBS HMO/PPO, 401K, ETC
Tharros House Recovery ResidencesWhy Work Here?
A job for those passionate about recovery and helping others find the path to a great life in recovery. Training provided!
Check us out at www.TharrosHouse.com. We offer a highly supportive and structured recovery peer mentoring program.
114 Waltham StreetLexington, MA
Finance and Insurance