Director of eCommerce and Operations
Thanx Media, Inc. Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of eCommerce and Operations will oversee all eCommerce projects and manage the team. This position reports directly to the CEO. The role is hands-on and includes tasks such as performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing.
- Work with Thanx Media and client team members to understand complex technological and business environments.
- Assist Thanx Media team members in scoping out project based on client timelines and effort necessary to complete requirements.
- Effectively participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle including:
- conducting meetings and presentations
- performing requirements gathering, gap analysis and functional designed
- creating reports to document and communicate results
- ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- performing user acceptance training
- conducting training, and
- performing other related duties as requested.
- Demonstrate strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Work with other business analysts, project managers and stakeholders to gather requirements and create functional and technical specifications.
- REQUIRED: Expert knowledge of eCommerce processes and lifecycle, specifically business processes around understanding and supporting the implementation of eCommerce platforms and associated risk
- Strong understanding of SEO and personalization, and other key industry terms and functions, such as A/B testing, cart abandonment rate, AOV, site search and navigation, back office integration, email marketing and analytics.
- Exposure and experience with key industry platforms such as Magento, Hybris, OCC, Episerver, Shopify, Kibo or Big Commerce a plus.
- General business understanding of B2C and B2B eCommerce processes including integrations with core supporting business applications such as ERP, OMS, and PIM.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience managing a team and projects.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience: 5 years of experience in eCommerce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users
- Project and product management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Independent thinker with the ability to work collaboratively
- Able to plan, organize and prioritize effectively
- Quick learner
The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Thanx Media, Inc.
Thanx Media is a digital agency that focuses on implementation, strategy services and post-launch support of eCommerce platforms for B2B and B2C sites. Having helped over 250 clients achieve online success and forming partnerships with Oracle Commerce Cloud (OCC), Optimizely (formerly Episerver), BigCommerce and others, Thanx Media is uniquely qualified to help our clients not only identify the right eCommerce technology for their growing business, but become an expert extension of their team to implement and assist along the digital eCommerce journey.
TechnologyView all jobs at Thanx Media, Inc.