Education Manager - Multiple Sites Little Learners
- $24 Hourly
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
This position is responsible for the overall development, implementation and oversight of the Education Component.Responsible for providing training and supervision of the Head Teachers as well as monitoring and evaluating job performance.Support center staff in areas of training, hiring, supervising, and curriculum planning.In conjunction with the Site Manager, responsible for NAEYC accreditation process at all centers, including re-accreditation.In conjunction with Assistant Director, responsible for technical assistance for staff pursuing CDA credential. Ensure all educational components are in compliance with state, local and federal laws and regulations including NAEYC. Have compassion for the needs of children and families from economically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Relate and communicate effectively with staff, consultants, community agencies, and clients.
- Supervise a minimum of eight staff affectively, including conducting performance appraisals.
- Plan and conduct meetings and training for education staff.
- Develop and implement education plans for centers and program.
- Review and approve developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Conduct site/classroom visits, regularly throughout the week. Spend an average of seventeen hours a week in the classrooms.
- Know and implement center emergency procedures.
- Ensure all family conferences are completed twice each year on each family.
- Ensure all required screenings are done prior to 45 day deadlines.
- Understand, implement and explain to center staff, agency program policies, procedures and philosophies.
- Provide technical assistance and approve center lesson plans and individual plans for children.
- Assist in the implementation of behavioral and classroom management plans through modeling for children alongside the teaching team.
- Assist staff in choosing items for classroom supplies, writing requisitions and assuring orders are given to the Director in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit required reports in a timely manner as required.
- Record and maintain accurate confidential records.
- Provide technical assistance to parents.
- Attend center staff meetings at least quarterly and/or when necessary.
- Attend relevant trainings, workshops and conferences.
- Implement learned information from workshops, training and education.
- Make decisions, problem solve, organize, troubleshoot, and research.
- Operate office equipment, including computers applying Microsoft Word, Excel, and program specific software.
- Interpret evaluation materials and make necessary referrals.
- Assist when needed at centers.
- Work under pressure and respond to stressful situations with positive, mature judgment.
- Prioritize tasks and work independently with minimal supervision, performing several functions concurrently in a deadline driven environment.
- Model appropriate positive professional behavior to staff.
- Arrive to work on time and work as scheduled is required.
- Be a positive, contributing member of a team.
- Adhere to TVCCA policies and procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as required to maintain program and agency operations.
- Adhere to dress code; be clean, neat and well groomed.
- Have the personal qualities to work with staff and advocate for children and families in the community at large.
- Be sensitive to needs of diverse cultures and low-income families.
- Have physical ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, occasionally carry 50 pounds and move quickly in emergencies.Ability to climb stairs in various locations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education plus three years related work experience in an approved program, including two years of supervisory experience.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Have a valid driver's license, good driving record and access to daily, reliable and insured transportation.
- Must have or obtain and maintain CT child care first-aid, and infant and child CPR, and medication administration certification.
- Provide a TVCCA Staff Statement of Good Health statement signed by a physician, physician's assistant, or nurse practitioner completed within twelve (12) months before the date of employment, and every twenty-four (24) months for current staff.
- Provide a written report of negative tuberculin test completed within twelve (12) months prior to the date of employment, or for a known prior reactor, no evidence of active tuberculosis on a chest x-ray.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry a child up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- The TVCCA Little Learners Early Education Program requires staff to be available from 7:00AM - 5:00PM to cover center operational hours.
Benefits are offered to Full-time Part-time employees
Benefits Offered after 30 days of employment include the following:
11 Paid Holidays
2 Paid Floating Holidays
Accrued Vacation/Sick Time
Secondary Auto Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Military Duty for Active Service
Leaves of Absence without Pay
Leave from Employment for Victims of Family Violence
Additional Benefits Offered based on employment includes the following:
Group Health Life Insurance
CT Family Medical Leave
TVCCA provides services and partners with other organizations to address the social determinants of health housing, food security, employment needs, education, and basic needs of lowincome and vulnerable households in Eastern Connecticut, with a focus on building the community's self-sufficiency and resiliency.
Thames Valley Council for Community ActionGroton, CT
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.