Sr Manufacturing Engineer
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion,multi\-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators anddoers worldwide\. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch\. Things thatmove people\. Protect soldiers\. Power industries\. We serve customers inindustries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care andfuel systems\.
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do\! In this role, the Sr\. Manufacturing Engineer , providesmanufacturing engineering services in support of mechanical, electrical, andfinishing, but primarily composites and bonding processes\. This role will beintegral in execution of concurrent engineering methods\. Sitting alongsideengineering this role will work during the early development phase of projectsto ensure optimization of design from the perspective of cost, quality, andDFX\. This role will be responsible for all upstream activities such as capitaldefinition, new manufacturing technologies, sourcing support, DFX, toolingidentification and design and development, cost estimating, and configurationcontrol\. This role will be integral in working with the Principle ManufacturingDesign Technician\(s\) and operators to conclude initial prototype builds andfirst piece manufacturing and extracting from this process all improvementopportunities to optimize the design and process\.
- Designs manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling
- Identifies cutting edge technologies and performs cost/benefit analysis\.
- Performs makes/buy analysis\.
- Creates capital requests\.
- Possesses signatory authority at CCB reviews\.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout\.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance\.
- Creates process plans and detailed manufacturing process documents\.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions\. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan\.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality\.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques\.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques\.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment\.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electro\-mechanical, and electronic principles\.
- Ability to perceive or troubleshoot potential problems and apply logical or scientific solutions to problems\.
- Applicants are expected to have the ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems\.
- Ability to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of a manufacturing equipment or tooling problem, understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a given situation, and take corrective action\.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, parts lists and wire data lists\.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing\. Must have excellent writing skills\.
- Basic personal computer skills in Microsoft Office, ARMs, Matrix, understanding of MRP and ERP systems; SAP and Oracle a plus\. Software programming skills and experience with UG/NX or other 3D modeling programs are desired\.
- Must be a U\.S\. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance\.
- Job qualifications specific to this role \(composites\) include:
- Understanding of clean room and facility environment
- Understand NDI
- Matched tooling & bladder process
- Automated ply cutting equipment
- Curing equipment processing
- Laser projection & ply development
- Understand thermal processing - CTE
- Laminate producibility and understanding composites laminate design
- Understanding of thermosets and thermoplastics
- Structural bonding & surface preparation
- Bachelor's Degree required\. Preferred degrees are Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment\.
At Textron Systems, our talented people make ussuccessful\.We promote an inclusiveenvironment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives\.
Our Company is committed to offering employeesopportunities to grow and develop\. Our benefits and compensation packages aredesigned to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so theycan make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace\. Below are justa few examples\!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program \(including Fitness Reimbursement\)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401\(K\) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday bythose who protect our country\.We arededicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make animpact on our Company\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Maryland\-Hunt Valley
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 278749