Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Candidate will be responsible for design, development and testing of aircraft interior commodities and their installations. This includes modeling/drafting of parts, assemblies, and installations using Catia V5/V6. Interior commodities may include aircraft cabinets, seats, composite panels and air ducts, soft goods and special finishes. Design assignments are executed under the direction of the Interior Engineering Supervisor with an emphasis on meeting and or exceeding customer requirements while maintaining the New Product Development schedule.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
- Manage the planning, developing and coordination of important engineering projects
- Coordinate with both internal stakeholders as well as multiple outside suppliers on Design for Manufacturability, cost, and schedule
- Act as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively work to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets or exceeds customer requirements
- Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company products and processes
- Bachelor's Degree Required in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Previous professional experience thru an internship or Coop is preferred.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma principals is beneficial.
- Catia V5 or V6 experience with design emphasis on metals as well as fiberglass and plastic composites preferred
- Experience with design and construction of aircraft interiors preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Builds and maintains constructive relationships
- Quickly grasps new concepts when faced with unfamiliar tasks
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.