Run, set up and edit jobs on manual and CNC machines such as Lathes, Mills, Grinders and Hone Machines. Will be responsible for the use of general to advance hand-measuring tools daily. Working closely with teams from all areas of the Machine Shop, to help assist in the development and troubleshooting of jobs and projects.
- Set up manual and CNC equipment, ability to prove out and edit some programs
- Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds for optimal efficiency
- Assist with editing of G and M codes on the machines
- High School education or equivalent is required.
- Technical education is preferred
- Exposure to ID/OD Grinding, Manual and CNC Milling and Manual and CNC Lathe experience is preferred
- Aerospace, Okuma, Haas, Matsuura, Centroid, Hermle and Fryer experience is preferred (Lathe and Mill)
- Kellenberger, Studer, Moore Jig Grinder, Sunnen Hone and Fryer experience preferred (Grind)
- Ability to perform basic math skills efficiently and accurately
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to aerospace industry
- Blueprint reading, knowledge of GD&T, basic machine operation "Button Pusher," to Machining and knowledge of cutting tools is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and stressful situations.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in computer applications; including Microsoft Word