Financial Administrator 3 - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
Financial Administrator 3
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fiber and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to positive impact. That’s why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibers an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community.
At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit TextileExchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
We are looking for a well-organized individual to maintain accounting records, process AP & payroll, reconcile bank accounts while applying knowledge of organizational policy and procedures. This position reports to the Sr Finance manager and will play an integral role in booking accounting transactions, aiding the monthly close process, and implementing systems changes to the accounting and finance function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Sage Intacct Accounting file and physical records
- Input all income and expenses by department and dimension.
- Receive all invoices, maintain & disburse payments through ACH/Wires
- Enter receipts as received
- Enter general journal entries and adjusting entries as needed
- Assist Financial Manager with Audit
- Oversees payroll including management of ADP as a service provider
- Maintain separate accounts for appropriate chart of accounts
- Transfer funds as necessary between accounts
- Transfer funds to consultants and other vendors to pay invoices
- Provide internal training on accounting policy and procedure to staff, including new systems upgrades
- Aid in the research and implementation of new systems for efficiency/automation – such as expense platforms, payroll connection to Sage Intacct, etc.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in payroll, accounting and finance.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, & Word and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- A driven individual with a strong work ethic and high degree of autonomy. Self-starting and proactive.
- Highly attentive to detail with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Able to hit the ground running – you will need to have experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Motivated, energetic, determined, and with strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly analytical with excellent written and grammatical skills in English.
- Honest, professional, responsible, discreet, and able to act with the utmost confidence at all times.
- Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field is required.
- Full Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
- Location: Virtual/Remote
- Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 USD Dependent on experience
- Start Date: As Soon as Available
- Our offers for salary and benefits are dependent on the region of the final candidate. We post most positions based on a US-based Team member but final offers are done in alignment with the final candidate's permanent residence and in line with Textile Exchange's regional employment package.
How to Apply
- Cover Letter
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Textile Exchange
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?