Licensed Clinician/ Triage Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Strengthening Resiliency and Supporting RecoveryVISION
Promote and enhance access to intellectual, developmental, and behavioral health services that improve the lives of those in our community.VALUE
We pledge to deliver quality services through partnerships with individuals, families, and community stakeholders. Texoma Community Center strives to develop and equip all staff with Trauma-Informed Care knowledge and competency-based skills. Trauma-Informed Care means treating the person as a whole, taking into account past trauma and the resulting coping mechanisms when attempting to understand behaviors.
Our goal is to provide effective treatment as well as improving the quality and impact of care.
Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
Position Summary: This position provides screening, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness in compliance with clinical guidelines. Assists with utilization management responsibilities which includes coordinating the completion of assessment tools, fidelity reviews and authorizations based on state guidelines. To provide brief crisis intervention, cognitive-based psychosocial rehabilitation and/or therapy in the form of individual, group and family counseling appropriate for licensure status and state guidelines. To make appropriate referrals to other programs or services based on individual needs from assessments in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Texoma Community Center. Operates under trauma-informed and recovery-oriented models of care which align with CCBHC standards.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or Counseling required
- Two (2) years Human Services Experience required
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness and/ or addiction issues desirable
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
- Current driver’s license and vehicle for use at work
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist required.
- Licensed eligible status required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak a second language relevant to population served preferred
- Must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
Knowledge of Office Suite
- Consistently practices Trauma-informed Model of Care, understands and considers the pervasive nature of trauma.
- The knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the general knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Ability to handle money/make change
- Ability to generate, read, interpret, and take action as it relates to basic financial statements, national and state regulations, operational and maintenance and organizational policy / procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively to maintain good working relationships
- Ability work with skill in identifying problems
- Will have access to confidential information abiding by the organization’s privacy policies and regulations concerning this information
Equipment, Tools, Materials:
- Standard office equipment
- First Aid/Spill Kits
- BlueCross BlueShield Health Insurance
- BlueCare Dental Insurance
- Mutual of Omaha Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Colonial Supplemental Benefits
- Wellness Credit
- Designated Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one
- Extended Illness Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- On-site Preventive Care including Mammograms, Flu Shots and Prescriptions
- First United Bank Employee Benefits
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Texoma Community Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Texoma Community Center