IT Project Manager - Local to Arizona - W2 Requirement
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: 110159: IT Project Manager
Job Location: 1700 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007
(Only local candidates willing to work on W2. Position is Hybrid. Mostly remote, with some onsite.)
Job Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Client Name: State of AZ: Arizona Department of Homeland Security
- Perform full system life cycle project management and implementation for a variety of strategic, transformational and operational projects requiring solid project management skills. Perform project management role in all project phases including initiating, planning, executing, closing, and monitoring. Manage multiple projects and project teams with multiple deliverables simultaneously. Help define project scope, goals and deliverables. Report project results with varying levels of detail to different audiences. Assist in resolution of conflicts, as the need arises.
- Define schedule and accurately estimate the task duration to develop and maintain a realistic schedule. Manage budget, including monitoring the actual spend as compared to the planned budget.
- Plan, budget, monitor and report on the project with project management tools. Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
- Work with multi-division teams to identify, analyze and document business processes and to design and implement improved business processes.
- Document/maintain template documents to assure thorough project management documentation and contribute to project success and lessons learned. Create detailed, clear documentation for all projects assigned to. Develop project documentation including business cases, plans, status reports, etc. Proactively identify, document, mitigate and report project issues, risks, and changes.
- Contribute to the EPMO process improvements and personal development to advance PM knowledge and skills for building a better team/program.
- Project management and related methodologies
- Power user of project management tools and systems
- Strong customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Work effectively in a matrix management organization
- Lead teams as well as work as an effective member of multiple teams
- Analyze, understand and document complex business processes
- Act as a problem solver
- Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
- Complete work in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Make and document effective decisions
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 or more years of experience in project coordination and management (or equivalent experience).
- Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent Scrum and Agile experience (Preferred)
Get fresh Technology Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.