Applications Architect-Java (Local and Public sector preferred)
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
- Clientrequires the services of an Applications Architect with technical knowledge and experience in programming the J2EE/JAVA, JBOSS application server, MS SQL and ORACLE database environments.
- The person in this function is considered an expert in all phases of system development and must have understanding of business, business insight and broad understanding of multiple business areas.
- The person in this function will be responsible for technical research of technologies and methods for meeting the functional and nonfunctional requirements.
Applications Architect responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Providing structured analysis of business processes
- Functions as a technical consultant or researcher.
- Technical research and evaluation of technologies, tools, databases, methods, etc.
- Analysis of detailed requirements and documentation
- Programming and implementing solutions for business requirements
- Contributor on project planning, organization, implementation
- Contributor to activity definition, activity sequencing, activity resource estimating, activity duration estimating, WBS development
- Contributor to risk identification, tracking, analysis
- Contributor to issue management and tracking
- Communications management
- Effective communication among project stakeholders,
- Coordinate activities with FDLE staff required to support the project
- Provide assistance to FDLE staff in the preparation of procurement documents, evaluation of proposals and contract negotiations;
- Provide weekly status reports to the project manager
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Applications Architect on successful, enterprise level information technology projects;
- Models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, and/or support of IT solutions.
- Must have the ability to work independently or cooperatively with other software developers.
- Functions as a technical consultant or researcher
- Performs analysis and troubleshooting of system defects and issues.
- Designs quality control and test procedures. Applies technical expertise to test system solutions.
- Uses defined procedures to configure, test and debug software. Investigates, analyzes and resolves problems on software products.
- With minimal supervision from more senior resources, handles portions of the projects, including services/products/technology solution evaluation/modification, data development, analysis, first draft written communications and client interaction.
- Gathers and evaluates client capabilities and needs.
- Assists with services/products/technology solution architecture design and installation.
- Accountable to upper management for all phases of specific projects.
- Experience with meeting facilitation and documentation;
- Experience in delivering the project in the agreed schedule, to the correct technical specification (i.e. defined to meet user requirements) within the approved budget and other specified criteria
- Experience with:
- Java 1.6 and higher
- J2EE (JSP, EJB, JPA/Hibernate)
- Java Frameworks like JSF, Wicket, Struts, Spring, etc
- Oracle 11g and higher, MS SQL Server, or MySQL
- Stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- JBOSS 5.0 and higher
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Experience with business analysis and gathering and documenting requirements
- Experience creating test plans, test cases, and performance testing
- Source code management software, example: CVS or Subversion
- Experience in integration of multiple systems or applications
- Experience automating data sharing processes
- JOSSO 1.8.5 SMTP
- Unix-basic scripting and commands
- Junit, log4j, Ant/Maven
- MS Visio
- MS SQL Server
32308 USAView All Texcelvision Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.