Review and analyze residential real estate loan transactions resulting in sound underwriting decisions on complex loans regarding the credit worthiness of borrower(s). Relay loan decisions that meet investor, company standards in a professional manner to loan originators, managers and other internal staff.
- Capable of underwriting a minimum of 3-4 new loans per day.
- Review conditions in a timely manner to remain in compliance with posted turn times.
- Analyze all areas of the mortgage loan application; including credit, income, assets, collateral, and compliance documents to ensure loan meets company, investor and regulatory guidelines.
- Review Income documentation and calculate income per investor and company guidelines.
- Review Assets to determine reserves and cash to close per investor and company guidelines.
- Ensure accuracy of Point, DU/LP, Loan Transmittal and 1003 at time of underwriting approval and/or updated approvals due to subsequent changes in loan terms.
- Evaluate appraisals and preliminary title reports to determine the property meets company and investor requirements. Utilize AVM to ensure valuation is acceptable.
- Evaluate Fraud guard findings and condition the loan accordingly.
- Respond to QC findings, Audits and Investor Suspense issues as needed.
- Provide feedback to management on suggested policy changes and/or enhancements.
- Maintains a high level of customer service with quick response times and accurate information (both internally and externally).
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting other team members and management as needed.
- Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA Underwriting Guidelines
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills
- High level math aptitude
- Ability to move between tasks quickly is preferred; being able to respond to pressure situations easily and work productively in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Knowledge of Conventional loan products, underwriting procedures, creditor financial analysis techniques, investor requirements and escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to mortgage transactions.
- Superior knowledge of personal computers and applicable software.
- Knowledge of HVCC, MDIA, Regulatory Compliance and legal requirements.
- 3-5 years of mortgage experience as a FHA, VA, USDA, and conventional underwriter.
- DE Certification REQUIRED
- LAPP/SAR Certification a Plus