Texas State Technical College is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC's statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today's global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
The Computer Network & Systems Administration program at TSTC is seeking a highly skilled Instructor. If you have excellent communication skills, and the following skill set, then we encourage you to apply to this position. An Instructor conducts activities which directly support instruction, the objectives of the program, and the instructional goals of the institute. An Instructor reports to the department chairperson or their designee. An Instructor presents prepared materials, supervises lab activities, maintains order, records student progress, and assures the presence of adequate working equipment to conduct the labs in an effective manner.
Such typical duties and responsibilities that the Instructor is charged with, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Prepare, update, and deliver materials (course outlines/syllabi, lectures, laboratory training aids) for technical, hands-on, instruction.
- Communicate with students and colleagues to ensure efficient and effective instruction.
- Maintain discipline and order during instructional activities.
- Participate in student recruitment, advising, and mentoring.
- Evaluate the progress and performance of students.
- Enforce departmental rules and regulations in the classroom and lab; recommend student counseling, probation, or dismissal when necessary.
- Teach subject material to students in various formats to accommodate different learning styles.
- Creates a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Serve as an ambassador for TSTC mission, vision, values, and service initiatives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Associates degree in a closely related IT field
Three year's experience in network infrastructure design/implementation and a strong background supporting server platforms.
Familiarity with virtualized networks.
Ability to work well in a team with individuals from different disciplinary backgrounds and with varying levels of technological experience.
Critical thinking and problem solving.
Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate workload.
Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Ability to take initiative and have an optimistic approach.
Proficiency in 4 of the 6 following areas:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Server and Client)
- Cisco Routing/Switching protocols & IOS CLI
- Server Virtualization
- Linux Administration
- TCP/IP Suite
Ability to obtain certification(s) in respective instructional area within 12 months of hiring.
Bachelor's degree in IT related field
Working knowledge of Competency Based Education
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA
Dependent on skills and experience.
Security sensitive position.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application at www.tstc.jobs.