Retail Store Manager
Texas State Preservation Board Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The CVC Store Manager reports directly to the Head of Retail Operations, and under limited supervision and with moderate latitude, is responsible for enabling the Retail Department to meet its business goals and objectives in daily operations of the Capitol Visitors Center Gift Shop. Performs advanced, senior level, technical and customer service work and other retail, administrative and office program support. Works collaboratively with Head of Retail Operations and other agency personnel to identify, implement, and communicate the best methods, practices and techniques to sell and market merchandise quickly, profitably, and aesthetically. The Capitol Visitors Center Store Manager works with high-profile, external, and internal customers and is responsible for upholding a high-level of written and verbal communications while ascertaining situations that necessitate unique handling in order to provide exemplary customer service. Performs all other duties as assigned.
*Must be able to work with the Agency's 360 day-per-year schedule that may include weekends, evenings and/or holidays, including on short notice. The Store Manager is expected to ensure proper store coverage as result of illness, staff vacations or staff shortages relative to planned shifts. Must be able to pass a thorough criminal background check in order to be considered. Essential Job Duties: For purposes of this agency's job descriptions, "essential job duties" are defined as assigned tasks that are critical or fundamental to the position and not marginal. If an individual is qualified to perform the essential job duties, he or she must be able to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Oversees the addition of new schools to the Educator Rewards Program database and works directly with school representatives with the redemption process.
· Provides functional guidance, orientation, mentorship, and continuing training to sales staff to maximize sales, maintain optimal efficiency and work in a safe and secure manner. Trains retail personnel to efficiently complete ERP transactions.
· Actively supervises customer and staff relationships and routinely models approved sales, marketing and customer service techniques for staff.
· Partners with the Head of Retail Operations and the Head of Retail Marketing to plan and organize special promotions or events.
· Partners with Head of Retail Operations to manage inventory through accurate entry of data relative to sales, transfers, receiving, markdowns, and all store policies and procedures.
· Responsible for running weekly reports in Heartland POS system to assist with analyzing store sales and overall performance to ensure in stock levels of inventory and maximize sales.
· Partners with Head of Retail Operations to maintain all aspects of annual physical Inventory.
· Effectively supervises a staff of full time and part-time sales associates, including active participation in the interview and selection process, performance coaching and feedback, as discussed with, and authorized by the Head of Retail Operations and continuous training .
· Efficiently performs and models sales clerk duties, including affecting register sales, packaging of purchases, interacting with customers, verifying the accuracy of all financial transactions, end-of-day procedures, retail recordkeeping, receiving, inspecting and/or recording shipments and supplies; and stocking as required.
· Oversees the timely flow of paperwork, including receiving worksheets, transfer sheets, invoices, deposit paperwork and other retail duties
· Oversees and administers scheduling of all staff and ensures adequate coverage of the sales floor and equity in the distribution of duties and assignments. Effectively manages staffing and scheduling decisions relative to business peaks. Coordinates all requests for leave with input from the Head of Retail Operation.
· Regularly evaluates the sales productivity and efficiency of Retail Division Sales Clerks and ensures that all Retail Division policies and procedures are followed by staff. Timely informs the Head of Retail Operations of any personnel irregularities and promptly refers any employee medical and/or work related injuries and incidents to Human Resources.
· Manages data entry for inventory items in the POS system including: adjustments, receiving/shipping transfers, creating POs and other administrative duties as may be required.
· Participates in all team efforts within the retail division to achieve divisional agency goals.
· Demonstrates leadership in all business interactions and situation, including within the Retail Division and agency-wide, by example, modeling behaviors and routine sharing of knowledge, expertise, skills, and time.
· Actively works with colleagues in other divisions to identify mutual and common solutions that will further the overall goals and mission of the agency.
· Displays sounds judgment and effective interpersonal skills in communicating with internal and external customers, including building occupants, other agency staff and visitors to the Capitol Complex and Museum.
· Demonstrates sustained knowledge of the agency's mission, programs, exhibits and customers.
· Remains abreast and complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations, standards and emergency procedures. Plans events and work assignments with safety and security front of mind. Continuously assesses safety conditions to ensure individual and workplace safety and safety of visitors and staff. Promotes visitor safety and building security. Assists with building evacuation if necessary.
· Performs all duties as assigned in a manner that promotes public confidence in the State Preservation Board and its employees and in accordance with high ethical standards. Ensures that Retail Sales Clerks are well-versed on agency policies governing ethics and the prohibition of fraud. Promptly reports suspected fraud and/or irregularities to the Head of Retail Operations.
· Regular attendance is an essential job duty for all State Preservation Board positions.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate for this position will have three years of retail management experience, or five years of retail sales experience that includes: key carrier, team/shift leader, comprehensive involvement with stocking, inventory, POS management (front and back office), cash handling and store closeout procedures. Demonstrated knowledge of routine methods used in shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing stock and basic bookkeeping is required. Must be available to work outside of regular work hours with little notice, including on weekends and holidays. This position is not sedentary in nature; it requires the ability to: walk and stand for extended periods; lift up to 25 pounds to safely lift and carry merchandise.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess: additional retail experience, retail experience in a cultural institution, and the ability to converse fluently in Spanish and English.
To Apply submit a fully completed State of Texas application to SPB:
Fax: (512) 463-3372
Mail: 201 E. 14th Street, Suite 950, Austin, TX, 78701
For an application, and employment information: See: http://www.tspb.texas.gov/spb/employ/employ.html or call:
(512) 463-5495. **All resumes must be accompanied by a fully completed state application.**
Texas State Preservation BoardWhy Work Here?
State of Texas health benefits and retirement offered.
The Texas State Preservation Board (TSPB) was established for the purpose of preserving, maintaining, and restoring the State Capitol and the 1857 General Land Office, which houses the Capitol Visitors Center. Since that time, the operations have expanded to include: maintenance of the Governor's Mansion, operating the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas State Cemetery. The TSPB provides educational programs centered on Texas history, government and culture for the benefit of the citizens of Texas and its visitors.
112 E 11th StreetAustin, TX
RetailView all jobs at Texas State Preservation Board