We are currently looking for a highly-motivated professional to join our 4-person team. The Financial Analyst position will be responsible for analyzing and making recommendations regarding requests for liquidity, implementation and oversight of the agreements, and fee verification. This professional will also assist with the registration of municipal bonds, and other securities, upon approval by the Office of the Attorney General. The individual will build strong working relationships with state issuers and work closely with counsel. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Coordinates activities to provide liquidity for debt issued by a state agency; prepares periodic fee statements and reports; monitors agreements and related correspondence.
Reviews and makes recommendations for renewal or new requests for liquidity.
Reviews agreements, certifications and other related documents.
Prepares, analyzes and verifies fees.
Monitors and completes compliance.
Reviews, understands and ensures regulatory
compliance with continuing disclosure requirements, including the periodic
update, publication and distribution of the state's bond appendix; provides
disclosure letters as necessary.
Serves as back-up for bond registration activities.
Participates in the Tax and Revenue Anticipation Note (TRAN) issuance process and related cash flow forecasting activities.
other related work as assigned including special projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position requires the incumbent to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing, walking) is routinely required to carry out some duties. It requires extensive computer, telephone and client/customer contact. It requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach as needed for filing and similar routine office duties. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities regarding the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. It requires stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens, and communicating with internal and external customers. The job requires ability to receive & convey detailed, information accurately through oral communication. May involve moving up to 25 lbs of office equipment/materials on a limited basis.
- Acceptable business practices and procedures
- Analyzing and tracking cash flow trends
- Cash flow modeling and forecasting
- State government revenue and expenditure processes
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant public finance
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems and in operating computers and applicable computer software
- effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas (Communication)
- identifying, defining and solving problems (Problem Solving)
- Computer applications with Microsoft software, including Excel and Word, as well as mainframe applications
- Performing spreadsheet design and analysis
- Writing, using good grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Using standard office equipment
- Gather, assemble, correlate and analyze facts
- Verify data in specific categories
- Ensure consistency of data between systems
- Learn new concepts and apply that knowledge appropriately
- Provide accurate revenue/expenditure forecasts
- Learn new concepts and apply knowledge interact and communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously with agency personnel, other state agency personnel and the public
- Consistently interpret and explain agency and division policy and procedure with regard to the work assigned
- Shift priorities at a moment's notice to meet critical deadlines and turnaround times
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of state employees, taxpayers and other members of the public (Privacy and Information Security)
- work with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
- adjust to changing workplace demands (Adaptability)
- meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (Customer Service)
- effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description (Technical Competence)
- be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work