Texas Star Pharmacy is an innovative complete multi-service compounding pharmacy in Plano, Texas. We provide a wide range of healthcare services which include sterile and non-sterile compounded pharmaceuticals, specialty medicines, maintenance med prescriptions, vaccinations, clinical consulting services, nutritional products, wound care products, orthopedic support, therapeutic compression garments, DME, etc.
We are looking for a compounding pharmacist who will be able to dispense both compounding and commercially available medications. Sterile compounding certification preferred.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:30pm Saturday; 9:00-1:00pm.
Job duties includes :
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff's pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pharmacist Skills and Qualifications:
Compounding experience , Analyzing Information , Administering Medication, Judgment, Verbal Communication, FDA Health Regulations, Pharmacology, Managing Processes, Legal Compliance, Productivity, Quality Focus, Attention to Detail.
Job Type: Part-time