Home Infusion Nurse
- Posted: over a month ago
The Home Infusion Nurse will work to provide a positive, safe, and professional patient care experience.
Is responsible for the quality and accuracy of services provided and will perform all tasks with the utmost care for the patient’s wellbeing.
Will thoroughly review patient orders, medications, and health records and will administer parenteral medications in accordance with the treatment plan.
Will need to assess and monitor a patient’s health status and must be able to detect changes in symptoms or health status and know when additional intervention is necessary.
Must thoroughly and accurately document all activities in the patient’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and will maintain ongoing compliance with state and federal regulations including.
Will have regular contact with patients and clinical staff and will always maintain a professional appearance and conduct.
Will report to the Clinical Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (Must be an RN - required) – Infusion includes, but are not limited to:
- Provides friendly and professional service in person, over the phone, and through written communications
- Demonstrates empathy and understanding to establish a rapport with patients and caregivers
- Initiates and maintains IV access for infusions
- Safely and accurately administers medications, without errors, including oral, IM, SQ, and IV products
- Performs ongoing patient assessments and notifies the supervising clinician of all abnormal findings
- Uses technology to thoroughly document all patient care activities and interventions according to organizational policy and procedure
- Performs phlebotomy procedures, when necessary
- Accurately performs necessary nursing responsibilities including, but not limited to obtaining lab specimens, performing vital signs, and administering oxygen therapy
- Demonstrates appropriate storage and handling of drug products as well as human specimens
- Counsels/advises patients regarding symptom/side effect management during therapy and within the scope of practice
- Teaches patients and family members regarding the treatment care plan and what to expect and thoroughly document the teaching and response to teaching
- Communicates clearly and effectively with patients, coworkers, and other healthcare professionals
- Exhibits compassion and instills trust with patients and caregivers
- Collects and records all patient data as required per the care plan and/or other protocol and analyzes patient trends and outcomes
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of medications and medication regimens
- Obtains patient informed consent, when necessary
- Demonstrates an organized and efficient prioritization of workload and responsibilities
- Maintains a current knowledge of all equipment utilized and performs and/or oversees routine maintenance, calibration, and quality assurance of all equipment
- Maintains professional conduct at all times
- Actively participates with organizational quality and performance improvement efforts
- Demonstrates a commitment toward exhibiting the organization’s core values and advancing the organization’s strategic goals
- Performs all other duties as required and assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and at least 1 year of experience as a registered nurse or recent graduate with prior experience as an IV Certified LVN/LPN with one year of professional nursing experience.
- Required license in Registered Nursing as granted by the state & Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Required license to operate a motor vehicle in the state of practice with access to a vehicle for business travel with proof of liability insurance.
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems and software applications with the ability to apply knowledge in the effective use of nursing technology tools to communicate and document
Powered by JazzHR
Texas Nursing Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?