- Posted: 16 days ago
Remote (Full time)
The Texas Home School Coalition (THSC) is a Christian non-profit organization that empowers families to educate their children at home successfully. To do this, we need a Graphic Designer to create compelling graphics that expand our reach at THSC. Our mission and our vision are to empower and equip families in Texas to raise and educate their children. At THSC, our team can be best at working remotely (living within the massive state of Texas is preferred) with on-camera meetings (PJ bottoms optional) and utilizing Google Workspace.
We understand how challenging it can be to jump into an organization and be part of a marketing team that aims to recruit 10,000 members across Texas, which is why we have a great team support structure. With the weekly team, direct report, and department meetings, we navigate creating marketing campaigns for membership and our annual events (2 conferences, a fundraising Gala, Capitol Days, staff, and board meetings). With about 30 days of travel a year, this position helps to shape the future of THSC and the future of homeschool families across Texas.
The Graphic Designer's primary objectives are to:
- Create compelling graphic designs that resonate with our audience.
- Ensure our graphic designs are consistent with the THSC brand.
What you'll bring to the team:
- As a Graphic Designer, you are a creative genius who loves bringing visions to life through visual design.
- You are a "doer" who loves to jump in and get things done.
- You enjoy managing multiple tasks and creating processes and ways to accomplish them.
- Decision-making skills. You must enjoy and be good at making decisions (sometimes on the fly), owning the outcome of your own decisions, and standing by your team when you delegate.
- A willingness to be humble and be integral in creating a fun, enjoyable working relationship within the team.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Marketing Operations Manager to design graphics for various marketing campaigns.
- Bring fresh, creative ideas and concepts for marketing objectives.
- Fulfill graphic design requests from various departments.
- Create graphic designs for our website, email, and print promotional campaigns.
- Update and maintain our THSC Branding & Style Guide.
- We like for you to "get things done." But excellence is at the top of the list to deliver quality projects.
- We are a Christian organization. We pray before and during meetings and use verses from the Holy Bible in our events and programming language. You will need to be comfortable being part of that environment and often leading with elements and values of the Christian faith.
It would be awesome if you have:
- Experience creating graphic designs for digital and print use using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience developing full branding for events and other promotional campaigns.
- Experience editing video with software such as Adobe Premiere or iMovie.
- Familiarity with apps such as Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets), Asana (or other project management software), and HubSpot (or other email marketing software).
- Familiarity with the homeschool community.
Here's how to get started:
- Submit your resume.
- Submit links to your graphic design work samples. We especially want to see:
- Graphics for promotional campaigns
- Event graphics
- Brand kits
- Submit a 3 minute video to answer the following questions:
- Why are you the best person for this position?
- What can you bring to the position that no one else can?
- Why do you want to work at THSC?
- What is your experience with homeschooling?
Powered by JazzHR
Texas Home School Coalition
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?