Director of Information Technology
- Posted: over a month ago
Texas Health Action (THA) is a community-informed non-profit organization dedicated to providing access to culturally affirming, quality health services in a safe and supportive environment, with an expertise in serving LGBTQIA+ people and those impacted by HIV. THA's programs include Kind Clinic, Waterloo Counseling Center, and TeleKind (telemedicine services). Read more about THA here: http://texashealthaction.org.
Texas Health Action seeks a knowledgeable IT leader with experience in the healthcare sector to join us as the Director of Information Technology. With support from the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer, the position will be responsible for the comprehensive direction and support of all technologies utilized in the company. The Director of IT will partner closely with leaders across the organization to understand the evolving business needs and use this to inform the technology roadmap and the competencies of the IT department. As the business scales, the Director of IT will play a critical role in contributing to the further development of security standards and ensuring organizational compliance with HIPAA and other healthcare regulations and best practices.This is a full-time, exempt position based in either San Antonio or, ideally, Austin, Texas. While some portion of the work can be completed remotely, it is critical that this leader be hands-on and highly visible. This will require regular performance of duties on-site at the various clinical and administrative locations in Austin, San Antonio, and, on occasion, Dallas. Please note that this job posting may appear in multiple regions, but there is only one position to be filled. All postings will be removed once the position has been filled.
What you'll do:
Oversee all technology operations including the maintenance and support of hardware and peripherals; enterprise and clinical applications; data systems; printing/scanning devices; networking; and audio-visual and communication systems. Provide guidance in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of technology solutions.
Recruit and mentor IT team members and engage the contracted MSP to guarantee an agile and responsive support infrastructure. Build relationships with and manage the performance of third parties and contractors.
Cultivate a team-oriented, problem-solving culture focused on delivering quality solutions that facilitate business success. Lead the collaborative analysis of business requirements and determination of technology needs across the organization.
Manage the department budget and negotiate the purchase of efficient and cost-effective technology equipment, software, and services.
Develop and enforce IT policies and standards which blend best practices with the unique needs of the organization.
Act as HIPAA Information Security Officer and maintain the security of systems, networks, and data. Work closely with the Risk & Compliance Team to assess risks to information security.
Implement comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery protocols to minimize business impact in emergency situations.
Based on job duties and requirements, this senior leadership position is placed in salary band 50 with an annual salary range of $88,000 to $140,000 per year. Initial placement within this range will be based on hired candidate's qualifications and relevant experience.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related work experience is required. Texas Health Action will consider equivalent additional related work experience to substitute for a degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience building and leading high-performance teams
- Experience in a healthcare organization.
- Experience supporting a distributed team of users across multiple facilities and working remotely from home.
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT solutions and their specifications
- Experience with change management and identifying and eliminating barriers to encourage user adoption of technology.
- Experience in an environment with a lean internal technology team supported by external service providers.
Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of common operating systems, authentication technologies, mobile device management solutions, and Office365.
- Solid understanding of computer hardware, peripherals, and networking.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and EMR systems.
- Demonstrated success with mentoring, providing guidance, and exercising influence across lines of authority.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task while maintaining accountability for deadlines and goals.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze business requirements from multiple stakeholders and synthesize them into well-defined technology specifications.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and process improvement.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (403b)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Texas Health Action
TechnologyView all jobs at Texas Health Action
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?