The primary role of the Purchasing Coordinator is to keep updated files on Vendor / Distributor product and pricing information, coordinate product, pricing, and promotional activity monthly, and communicate Product Quality complaints to Vendors / Distributor for analysis and resolution. This position reports to the Director of Purchasing and will assist on Vendor and Distribution analysis, special projects, and product evaluations and testing.
1) Collect and Manage Vendor Product and Price Agreements. Communicate changes from Vendor to Distributor and Operators. Maintain Current and Historical file of all Vendor pricing forms for reference.
2) Assist in Contract Negotiations.
3) Coordinate/Assist in RFP execution.
4) Coordinate/Assist Supplier delivery and shipping activities.
5) Assist Director of Purchasing where needed.
6) Manage Food cost analysis for all Menu items. Manage regional product pricing report to distribute to Operators quarterly.
7) Notify all Vendors and Distributor of items that will be part of Monthly Marketing or Promotional Activities.
8) Manage Product Quality Hotline daily reporting to Vendors and Operators. Manage data base of cause and effect, as well as ongoing resolution and retribution to Operator(s).
9) Support and coordinate Product Quality checks and Product development cuttings in test kitchen. Responsible for validation of TDQ Product Preps. Responsibility for inventory, cleanliness, and repair of test kitchen equipment, supplies, and products.
10) Support and coordinate Bi-Annual Convention Exhibits space, layout, and registration with host hotel, on-site exhibits vendor, and TDQ Vendors.
11) Maintain Label specifications for Operators’ Choice private labeling with manufactures. Keep updated files of approvals for TDQ register trademarks.
12) Special Projects of Vendor or Distribution analysis, product evaluations and testing. Vendor movement and performance analysis.
· Minimum 5 years experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Preferred Food Service background
Primary Skills and Personality:
1) Ability to use proficiently Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
2) Reliable, responsible, and commitment to performance of job duties.
3) Ability to work well with others to resolve problems and achieve goals.
4) Good listening and communication skills.
5) Willingness to adhere to TDQ Company policy and Standards of Operation.
Texas Dairy Queen Operators' Council
Why Work Here?
Small enjoyable work environment, company established over forty years ago,fun industry