A Texas nonprofit cyber security company tasked with the mission of helping state and local governments (particularly emergency responders and the healthcare community) protect and improve their operations through the use of strong cryptographic identity credentials is seeking a Chief Executive Officer. The company has been disrupting the market for trusted and certified credentials, which had previously been out of reach for state and local governments.
The company's current product offerings are highly specialized: providing standardized, certified cryptographic certificates using Public Key Infrastructure technology that meets the highest federal requirements for trust by federal agencies of non-federal personnel. We are one of a few entities authorized to issue such certificates, and our offerings both unique far more affordable than those available from our competition. In a nation striving for stronger cyber security—and stronger identity authentication in particular—the company's future is bright.
Going into the fourth year of business, with a core set of customers supporting ongoing operations, we are looking for a dynamic, assertive executive to lead the company into the next phase of growth. The company is a small, agile organization comprised of talented, dedicated staff, and the new CEO will help achieve the vision and potential of the company.
The CEO runs the organization, with a particular focus on building its business, offerings, and capabilities. The staff includes technical, customer support, sales, and operational staff, all under the CEO’s oversight. The CEO works on all aspects of the business model, from pricing to marketing plans.
Working with the Chief Technology Officer and Senior Software Engineer, the CEO sets product development priorities; working with the customer service team, the CEO ensures a positive customer experience. The CEO’s responsibilities include:
• Report to the Board of Directors
• Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the company
• Create an environment and culture designed to meet its mission while also supporting the staff
• Lead, manage, oversee, and be responsible for business, financial, administrative, marketing and sales, technical, product development, and internal operational efforts
• Develop and execute business plans and strategy to meet the company's mission while ensuring financial strength of the company
• Evaluate and execute contracts and agreements on behalf of the company
• Represent the company to public and private sector partners, fostering relationships that support the company's mission
• Ensure the company's compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including the policies and directions of the Board of Directors.
• Take responsibility for assessment, evaluation, and ongoing improvement of the company's performance
Though the company is a very specialized technology firm, the successful candidate is first and foremost a business executive with significant experience leading a small/medium-sized company to financial success. While a facility for technical subjects is useful, the new CEO can learn the technical basics; experience and demonstrated business acumen is more important. Capability and successful track record are critical; formal education (bachelors, masters, doctorate) is helpful but not mandatory.
Most of the company's staff and its principal office are located in San Antonio, Texas, so a local candidate is preferred, however, an exception for a particularly strong candidate will be considered.
The company is still young and flexible, and in many ways still a startup. Experience operating startups—particularly technology startups—is especially desired.