Under limited supervision, this position works closely with business analysts to translate business requirements into technical solutions. This position develops, tests, debugs and modifies application programs to meet business requirements for our core system and other credit union applications. This position also participates in efforts to share technology expertise, train and mentor others in the use of technologies and development processes.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
- Develops, tests, troubleshoots and fixes code for new and or existing software enhancements.
- Develops system implementation plans.
- Creates and maintains all programming documentation.
- Works with other external developers to develop, maintain, and integrate applications to meet business requirements, and comply with software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Good organization skills, attention to detail, and strong sense of accountability to ensure code is developed with quality in mind, code is version controlled and follow best practices.
- Basic knowledge of database, systems, applications integration, network, and has good understanding of how it all fits together and is managed to meet member experience.
- Interface with system users to ensure full understanding of desired functionality and expectations.
- Interface with Vendors to manage support issues and process implementation.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current trends and technologies for future use and expansion of the institution and its capabilities.
You will be successful in this role if you consistently demonstrate the following characteristics/attitude:
- You like transparency and are upfront about things that go right and go wrong.
- You think on your feet, have a strong sense of urgency and can quickly prioritize across a range of options.
- You think about the big picture – the ability to understand how the whole system works is critical!
- You are open-minded and like to share ideas in the interest of educating and being educated.
- You’re willing to take on new responsibilities and follow-through on the ones you’ve already committed to.
- You measure and define success in terms that are “bigger” than you.
- You’re comfortable doing whatever it takes. This job may include off hour work.
Positions directly supervised: None
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
Understanding of core software development principles and methodologies
Demonstrated skill in using coding standards.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Works effectively within a team and individually.
Ability to multi-task and stay focused with minimal supervision.
Experience in Power On and SymXchange is a plus; must be willing to learn the technologies used by Symitar Episys, a Jack Henry product.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent working experience required.
Experience: 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools. Excellent written and communication skills.