Children’s Center for Autism (CCA) PRN BCBA
The PRN BCBA for the Children’s Center for Autism works directly for the Senior Manager of the Children’s Center for Autism. The BCBA must obtain licensure in the state of Texas prior to working as a BCBA in Texas. Primary job responsibilities include daily supervision and training of assigned Children’s Center staff and daily oversight of each child’s the treatment program. The BCBA develops individualized Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment programs for each assigned child based on behavioral assessment and individualized data and family input. The BCBA conducts the initial implementation of the programs; reviews data frequently, modifies programs as necessary to get maximum progress, and monitors treatment integrity. The BCBA provides direct one on one and small group treatment using ABA procedures for children with a diagnosis of autism and/or intellectual disability who display aggressive, disruptive, non-compliant, and/or self-injurious behavior. Training consists of skill acquisition for self-help skills, academic skills, social skills, communication skills, vocational skills, and basic attending skills. The BCBA insures standardized preference assessments, functional analyses, and skill assessments are conducted in a timely manner. The BCBA conducts direct observations, collects data, summarizes data, and documents training progress. Work is often observed by parents, teachers, and other staff. The BCBA provides supervision of all direct care staff including Registered Behavior Technicians in compliance with the BACB. The BCBA is responsible for providing supervision to Behavior Analyst Interns and/or BCaBAs as outlined in the BACB Experience Standards. Work schedule is flexible and allows for as few as 5 hours per week with a maximum of 29 hours per week. The BCBA will comply with the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts as well as the Texana Business Code of Conduct. The BCBA is responsible to keep up with the literature of ABA and autism treatment.
- $35.00 per hour
- Applicants should be well-versed clinical technology as well as able to discuss and explain the technology using scientific and lay terms.
- Applicants should be able to communicate and interact professionally and positively with team members, caregivers, and clients.
- Applicants with clinical experience.
- Applicants with autism intervention experience.
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Required
- Board certification and Texas license or certification applied for on first day of hire (Board Certified Behavior Analyst certification)
- Master’s Degree in Behavior Analysis or with multiple behavior analysis credits during degree completion
Job Related Physical Requirements
- Must be able to perform SAMA and CPR.
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy lifting (15#- 45#), pushing, stooping, light carrying (15#), repeated bending, reaching above shoulder, simple grasping, hearing, walking, sitting and twisting.
- Must have ability to see, write, operate office equipment, operate a motor vehicle and have depth perception.
- Qualified individual must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Texana Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer