IT Systems Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, medical,
TEWS has an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Specialist for our client based in Orlando. Excellent company culture and amazing benefits including PTO, Wellness Days, Volunteer time off, Medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, parental leave, etc. We are looking for a service-oriented person to provide hardware and software support in person and over the phone to the organization’s employee base.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for support of end users via help desk and support and administration of the organization’s network and server infrastructure including the corporate office, a few off-site locations, off-site Data Center, and other locations as appropriate. Responsible for support and administration of cloud and managed service systems and applications.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to end user support requests via the help desk ticketing system at service levels set by leadership.
- Assists with maintenance of all servers and operating systems in a manner that assures optimal network performance and capacity.
- Responsible for setup and distribution of the organization’s computer equipment.
- Manages creation and deactivation of user accounts, following established IT policies for ‘least privilege’ access model.
- Ensures anti-virus and anti-spam software is current and operational. Performs timely updates and required maintenance.
- Provides support, maintenance, training and documentation for telephone infrastructure, systems, and equipment.
- Sets up and maintains networking infrastructure including firewalls, routers, switches, and network cabling.
- Provides basic end-user system training for new employees.
- Maintains and manages equipment inventory including laptops, PCs, monitors, keyboards, mice, and other technology equipment, and manages distribution and asset tracking of equipment.
- Maintains system documentation in a current and thorough manner.
- Oversees maintenance of the organization’s telephone and voice mail systems.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; plus a minimum of 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have demonstrated technical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot, repair and/or replace systems while maintaining server operating system software and hardware, including security and system back-ups.
- Must be able to shift priorities on short notice and prioritize conflicting requests and meet required deadlines.
- Experience with desktop and laptop computer setup including imaging software. Experience with end-user support in help-desk setting. Thorough knowledge and understanding of MS Office desk top products. Experience managing user accounts and permissions in Microsoft Windows Server environment.
Solving the talent equation for our clients is our passion, and we do so every day by filling quality job opportunities in the administrative, finance and accounting, and information technology sectors with the professionals best suited for the job and for the company culture that surrounds it. Proud to partner with some of the most respected businesses and professionals in our region, it is our personal attention to detail and care for our clients that has yielded big-firm results for the people and companies we serve.
Tews is known as Central Florida’s premier recruiting firm and was named “Best Placement Service” by the Orlando Business Journal. Though the praise is flattering, it is our long-standing relationships and excellent reputation with our clients that keep executives and professionals coming back to Tews for their staffing and placement needs.
TechnologyView all jobs at Tews Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?