Sr. Information Security Consultant - Federal Risk Management
Tevora Business Solutions Fairfax, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you that rare technologist who excels in the datacenter as well as the boardroom? Are you an information security or risk management professional looking for the next step in your career?
Tevora is looking for a talented business leader to join our Federal Risk team as a Senior Security Consultant. The right candidate will have a good balance of business and technical knowledge and will be comfortable across all disciplines of information security. In this position you will be responsible for assessing security risk on a wide variety of client projects as a hands-on subject matter expert.
We believe in leading from the frontlines at Tevora. On this team and you will be sought out to provide thought leadership to the overall practice through meaningful client work, sometimes acting as an individual contributor as well as a mentor. Additionally, security community involvement in the form of webinars, white papers, and podcast contributions are an expectation in this role.
Tevora is a leading Information Security consulting firm with a focus on Information Security, Risk Management, Governance and Compliance services. We work with some of the world's leading companies, institutions and governments to ensure the safety of their information and their compliance with applicable regulations.
- Actively lead projects in the areas of Federal Risk Management, Cloud Risk Assessment, Policy Governance and Overall Security program development
- Develop and Implement:
- Risk management programs for information security departments and enterprises
- Governance and information security programs and roadmaps
- Vendor risk management programs and questionnaires
- Customized security policies, procedures and controls
- Disaster recovery plans and technical documentation for applications, systems and infrastructure
- Communicate with project stakeholders to effectively convey risk treatment plans regarding technical and process improvements
- Experience with NIST 800-53 / NIST 800-171; Experience with FedRAMP a bonus
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework and conducting related assessments
- 5+ years of experience, ideally 10+ years of experience.
- Communicate effectively across business and technical boundaries, connecting easy with clients and colleagues
- Work independently without detailed guidance.
- Proficient in writing executive level reports and technical documentation.
Education and Experience
- At least one Security Certification (current CISSP, CISM, or equivalent certification).
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited 4 year university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the information security or risk management field.
- Elligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid drivers license as driving will be required in this role.
Tevora is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive Base Salary and Bonus plan
Comprehensive Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits