Shaw Yoder Antwih Schmelzer & Lange (SYASL) https://syaslpartners.com/ is a Sacramento-based corporation providing association management, legislative management, and governmental consulting services, under individual contracts, to a wide variety of public, private, and non-profit entities, including to several non-profit trade and professional membership organizations.
We have a career opportunity for an experienced, passionate, and dedicated Association Services Coordinator.
The Association Services Coordinator is an operational level position supporting members and staff of Shaw Yoder Antwih Schmelzer & Lange, one of the top association management and legislative advocacy firms in California.
The position has responsibility for association database management, maintaining electronic-based and hard-copy records, revenue and expenditure processing, production and distribution of meeting agendas, and other materials to members and assist in event production and fulfillment.
The ASC position is a full-time position with work hours normally taking place Monday through Friday, however, the position requires schedule flexibility to work longer hours, as needed, and to prepare for and attend various out-of-town, overnight meetings. This includes annual conferences outside of Sacramento but within California. Travel expenses to events outside of Sacramento are paid by SYA.
Although the normal office environment is considered business casual, client interaction often requires more formal attire. The holder of this position is expected to dress appropriately to meet the expectations of client interaction.
Talents & Qualifications-
This position requires an experienced professional with a command of excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, is necessary. Experience successfully working with clients, vendors, and internal departments are required. A bachelor’s degree and previous work in association management are preferred.
The position requires an independent self-starter, who sets priorities, demonstrates follow-through, anticipates, and resolves problems. The coordinator should possess knowledge of current trade association management software, and website content management experience is desired.
Salary, Benefits & Perks-
Salary DOE benefits include full medical, dental and vision benefits for employee and family, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation. State of the art office with the best view of the Capitol in the city.
This position requires limited travel to client board meetings and/or events. Of average annual time worked, time out of the office takes up approximately 5% of that time. On an annual basis, this position travels to approximately 2-3 conferences for up to four days each, and 2-3 one-day meetings where overnight stays are necessary.
- Database Management: Manage association management software towards invoicing, processing and payment tracking for events, membership, and other programs. Update records, as necessary.
- Event Management: Administer event registration and produce reports on attendees, exhibitor, and sponsor activity. Assist in preparing and distributing event marketing materials and assist with event logistics as required. Provide onsite meeting and conference support.
- Board Meeting Management: Administer board meeting logistics including distribution of meeting information and packets, meeting planning and day-of meeting oversight and execution.
- Membership: Oversee membership administration including reporting on membership trends, membership invoicing and renewal notice tracking. Provide customer service to current and potential members and others.
- Marketing Coordination: Assist in fulfillment of corporate sponsorship including management of sponsor logos/profiles. Manage branded conference materials and update advertisements on websites.
- Communication: Create and send meetings and events notices, update and post events, membership information and sponsor information to client websites.
- Office Administration: Manage association files and supplies. Provide administrative support to the executive team. Remain flexible to assist other team members as needed and other duties as assigned. Manage multiple email accounts and phone lines.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrated verbal skills to interact with members and staff to respond to questions and to gather and distribute information.
- Ability to work independently and within a strong team-oriented environment.
- Skills in supporting development, production, and execution of meetings and conferences.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize time and priorities under general guidance from the supervisor.
- Demonstrated skills in standard management computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Survey Monkey.
- Demonstrated ability to learn to operate management software programs including association management software.
- Demonstrated skills in basic mathematics with an emphasis on financial calculations.
- Basic writing skills to record, interpret and produce meeting minutes, brief information releases, and other short documents for distribution to staff and membership.
- Ability to take ownership of all projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to solicit and close outstanding membership, sponsorship, and exhibit booth payments.