Hi, nice to meet you, this is Sam and Peter, the founders of TestBox. Were forming our founding team to build the company after raising a large funding round recently. Youll be one of the first team members to build this category-defining solution with us (plus get some great equity along the way).
TestBox empowers customers to experience enterprise software products side by side as if they were already implemented in their own environment. After 11 years of working together as colleagues and friends, were putting product capabilities and customer needs back at the center of the buying process. No more wasting time buying software that doesnt work for you based on a sales rep or marketing.
Sam (CEO) is a former Software Engineer, Senior Manager at Bain and an Enterprise Software expert. Sam understands what its like to be an Engineer, the ins and outs of software, and how to run a business. Peter (CTO) is a former Senior Engineer at Guidewire and has spent his career perfecting data pipelines and data automation.
Were hiring a Senior Back-end Engineer who can work closely with our customers, engineering team, CTO, and CEO, to design the best self-serve buying experience possible.
TestBox is seeking an experienced Back-end Engineer to make TestBox insanely fast, scalable, extensible, and robust, all with a view to bringing confidence to our customers when they are buying software. The Back-end Engineer will be working very closely with our entire engineering team and CTO, to build the best self-serve buying experience possible.
What youll be responsible for:
- Building the development teams and their processes over time - youll be one of the first hires and we want you to be the leader for the future
- Create an incredible back-end that is reliable, efficient, and scalable
- Build out our universal data model to be highly flexible and extensible, keeping it as simple as possible while continually adding support for new vendors
- Efficiently call thousands of unique third party API endpoints to set up environments in minimal time
- Write client wrappers for third party APIs and build an in house SDK to allow vendors to perform self-configuration
- Balancing ownership of technical design decisions and feature build-outs to ensure we move quickly without compromising on quality
- Working with us to settle on the tech stack and laying the foundations for all development
- Setting the groundwork for GDPR, HIPAA, SOC 2.0 compliance
- Being awesome - Teaching us your ways, learning new things, adding to our culture, telling the founders they are wrong... ya get the idea
We are looking for a Back-end Engineer who:
- Most importantly is: intellectually curious, has creative solutions, makes it happen despite roadblocks, is a kind human, and wants to grow
- Demonstrable expertise in open source back-end tech such as Django/Flask, Spring, Express.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc
- Expertise in building, maintaining, and deploying to cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP/AZURE), and infrastructure as code
- Is a proponent of open-source, automated testing, The Joel Test, CI/CD, IAC, best practices
- Has created fast, asynchronous, and reliable back-ends that scale extremely well
- Is on a rapid growth trajectory who empowers and inspires those around them
- Has a track record of working in cross-functional teams and wants to be a leader in this space
- Is on a fast career growth trajectory - we dont mind if you have 3 years or 10 years experience if youre adding incredible value to your customer and engineering teams
- Has experience in a startup environment (or is super adaptable) and is excited about building a company from scratch (product vision, partnerships, customer community, culture, etc.)
- Will be a culture addition, not just a culture fit
- Will challenge the leadership team to go faster, experiment, try something different, but is also happy to disagree but commit to a vision
Why youll love working with us:
- Were a small team so youll have boatloads of autonomy and leadership opportunities
- We are putting DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) at the forefront of TestBoxs ethos and want you to play a major part
- We actively created a large Employee Stock Options Pool so we can reward our amazing founding team members
- Career development is a top priority and we will work with you from day 1 to hype your achievements and help you grow to the potential you want. We hire for trajectory, not past performance
- We have investors who we love working with and feel incredibly supported by them
- Pre-tax FSA, medical, dental, and vision coverage (because we all deserve to not worry about our healthcare)
- Fitness reimbursement (we love cycling and want you to love whatever keeps you active)
- Learning budget (theres always something we should collectively know more about)
- Unlimited PTO (with a minimum 15 days per year - none of this no vacation business)
- Work from Home remote set-up allowance (desk, chair, screen, laptop, etc.,)
- Willing to work through visa sponsorship (Both founders are Aussies)
- We think there are many more reasons than this and really hope youre excited to apply as were thrilled to meet you as well
Diversity Commitment: We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status