Tessemaes LLC Essex, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB TITLE: Production Manager
EMPLOYER: Tessemae’s LLC
REPORTS TO: VP of Manufacturing and Operational Excellence
SUMMARY: We are looking for a Production Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all factory processes. The Production Manager will oversee all daily operations of the factory concerning production and manufacturing and ensure policies and procedures are followed. This position is responsible for developing processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
SQF / Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Assure compliance with all SQF Procedure requirements
- Assure compliance with all GMP requirements including personal protective clothing
- Assure all products are manufactured in a safe, quality manner
- Assure compliance with all customer specifications
- Promote and enforce compliance with all employee
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day manufacturing process
- Responsible for achieving productivity, efficiency, quality, safety, and employee engagement objectives through both individual and team contributions.
- Provides direction, leadership, development, and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, training, and on-the-job assignments.
- Develops, implements, and promotes safety programs and safe work practices through involvement in plant safety teams, programs, and initiatives.
- Work with Quality Assurance on highest quality of Finished Goods, daily paperwork, and overall manufacturing quality.
- Verify that the sanitation of manufacturing line, room, and prep room are complete before starting a shift.
- Manage 5S practices in all manufacturing areas.
- Ensure manufacturing metrics are tracked and completed daily, including Labor cost, Equipment Utilization, PR, Downtime and waste tracking
- Ensure manufacturing lines are fully staffed for each production day.
- Ensure daily manufacturing quotas are met by getting line up and running and maintained during shift.
- Address line failures
- Facilitate pre and post shift huddles with manufacturing teams
- Perform weekly 1:1 meetings with direct reports.
- Manage and track manufacturing inventory items.
- Directly supervises the Production department(s).
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Proven work experience (4-5 years) as a production manager, involving efficiency improvement/monitoring, and quality management
- Food manufacturing experience required
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor personnel
- Strong accountability, consistency, and follow-through skills
- Flexibility in schedule and can work different hours including night shift and weekends.
- Attend in-service training as required
- Experience in leading and developing factory floor personnel at multiple levels.
- Military experience preferred
ManufacturingView all jobs at Tessemaes LLC