Controller at Mercy Wellness of Cotati Retail
Terry Garrett Cotati, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Mercy Wellness seeks a Controller to lead our accounting department and participate as a key member of senior management. The Controller will help establish a strong accounting foundation upon which to support our future growth.
Mercy Wellness is a licensed medicinal and adult-use cannabis company. Engaged in all aspects of the cannabis industry from growing to cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and retail. We are committed to providing cannabis education and safe access to the finest cannabis products available. We employ approximately 80 employees and are actively expanding our operations to better serve our local communities.
The Controller will lead our accounting department and will be responsible for establishing new processes and procedures as well as training and supervising staff.
● Lead two direct reports.
● Design standard operating checklists and written procedures.
● Establish and document strong internal controls.
● Oversee cash and inventory handling and reconciliation
● Flowchart key accounting functions for management analysis.
● For each operation, prepare monthly financial statements with a statement of cash flows. ● Establish budgets for each operation and compare with actual.
● Prepare ROI calculations for potential business ventures. Calculate return on investment, monthly free cash flow, and estimated profit.
● Recommend and implement new information reporting software.
● Work with the external CPA to develop tax strategies.
● Work with external advisors on sales, excise, cannabis taxes and other compliance matters
● Process-based thinker
● Team player
● Dynamic Leader
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
● 10+ years accounting experience
● Management experience
● CPA preferred
● 280E knowledge
Mercy Wellness Companies
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Terry Garrett