Peer Support and Veterans Specialist - CCBHC-Sign On Bonus!
- Expired: January 23, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Veteran Peer and Family Support Specialist working at our 27th Avenue Certified Community Behavioral Health Center (CCBHC).
Participates as a member of an interdisciplinary clinical team working with individuals diagnosed with a Serious Mental Illness, or General Mental Health diagnosis. Assists patients with identifying treatment and recovery goals and provides supportive services to help clients reach their goals and navigate with internal and community resources.
The ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional. Our overall goals of the Outpatient program include achievement of a state of recovery, improved quality of life, and improved integration within community and family resources and supports.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. We engage people in whole person health through an integrated care delivery system, thus establishing a medical home for our patients. In caring for the whole person, we focus on overall wellness through physical health, mental health and substance use care. Our mission is to provide extraordinary care by empowered people through exceptional outcomes.
Recently awarded among Arizona’s Most Admired Companies in 2022 by AZ Big Media
** NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS** ** NEW COMPETITVE COMPENSATION**
is hiring a Veteran Peer and Family Support Specialist
for our 27th Avenue CCBHC in Phoenix, AZ.
Full-Time Employed: 40 hours/week
High school diploma or GED
6 weeks of behavioral health experience
Offering Excellent Salary
Full Benefits, Including 401K and Generous PTO/PST (4+ weeks)
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus! External Candidates Only
Veteran Peer and Family Support Specialist:
- Provides recovery-based coaching, mentoring, and role models recovery for clients, family members, natural supports
- and general community related to their clinical recovery goals.
- Assists members of pursuing and achieving their goals through direct one to one and group psychosocial support, brief clinical interventions, motivational interviewing, active listening, and sharing their personal shared experience to support the patient’s recovery.
- Must have self-identified, first-hand experience with family members with serious mental illness and/or a chronic disease, utilize a recovery approach and philosophy,
- Be able to liaison between multiple parties, and exemplify great customer service and motivational skills.
- Understanding of recovery principles and the ability to utilize personal experience to benefit others.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, electronic medical record, NexGen preferred.
Benefits & Wellness
- Multiple medical plans - including a no premium plan for employees and their families
- Multiple dental plans - including orthodontia
- Financial well-being - 401(k) with a company match, interest free medical line of credit, financial education, planning, and support
- 4 Weeks of paid time off in the first year
- Wellness program
- Child Care Support Program
- Pet Insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program for the Whole Family
- Personal and family mental and physical health access
- Professional growth & development - including scholarships, clinical supervision, and CEUs
- Employee perks and discounts
- Gym memberships
- Tuition at GCU and University of Phoenix
- Car rentals
- Bilingual pay differential
- High school diploma or GED, and at least 6 weeks of behavioral health experience.
- Peer employment training and Arizona State Peer Certification required and can be provided by Terros Health upon hire.
- Must have lived experience as a US Veteran, working with the US armed forces, or personal lived experience as a family member of a veteran or military member.
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 4 years driving experience, and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- Must pass a TB Test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COVID 19 Precautions:
At Terros Health we care about the safety of our employees and patients, Beginning on Oct 11th, Terros Health will be requiring new employees have the COVID 19 vaccine prior to establishing employment. This represents our commitment to stopping the spread of this disease and protecting our community.
Thank you for helping to protect our employees and patients.
EducationView all jobs at Terros Health
Get fresh Veteran Peer Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.