Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Part - Time Cook working at Maverick House, which is located in Glendale, AZ.
We are looking for a Cook to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our residents! The Cooks responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing healthy, high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you. Reporting to the Program Director, the ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional. If you enjoy working with individuals during some of the most vulnerable times of their lives this may be just the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years.
We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
The overall goals of Maverick House are to provide residential care with patient outcome goals that include overcoming the individual’s denial regarding the presence and impact of addiction in their lives, enhancing treatment acceptance and motivation, working to prevent continued use or relapse, achievement of a state of recovery and improved quality of life and integration with community. Are you ready to make a powerful difference in the lives of these individuals? Then join our team of caring professionals.
Terros Health exemplifies diversity and supporting an employee’s growth, while promoting a healthy work environment. Along with great benefits we offer the opportunity for you to grow in your career with Terros Health.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
Terros Health is hiring a Part-Time Cook for our Maverick House located in Glendale, AZ.
Saturday - Sunday, 16-hour Weekend Shift
Must Have High School Diploma and/or GED Equivalent
Current Food Handler's Card
Offering Excellent Salary
Cook Duties Include:
- Develops various dietitian approved menus; menus will be posted and used for a 5-week period.
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients.
- Order food and other needed kitchen supplies.
- Ensures all food and beverages are clean, nutritious, wholesome and free from spoilage.
- Adhere to ADHS licensing rules regarding the operation of the kitchen.
- Maintains a professional relationship with others as interaction with clients only revolves around kitchen related issues.
- Ensures Food Handler’s card is current.
- GED/High School Diploma.
- Current Food Handler’s card.
- Must have or obtain a valid Arizona Driver License, be (21 years of age) with a minimum 3 years driving experience. Must meet requirements of Terros driving policy.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card (Level 1) or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card within 7 working days of employment.
- Must pass a TB test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terros HealthTerros Health is a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specialiizing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years. We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives everyday.