Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Accounts Receivable Specialist II working at our Central Avenue location. Reporting to the Revenue Cycle Manager, the ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional. The successful individual will possess at least 3+ years medical and/or behavioral billing experience, especially in the area of account and payment reconciliation and at least 3+ years’ experience with medical terminology and using an electronic medical record and billing system.
We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years.
We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
Terros Health is hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist II at our Central Avenue location in Phoenix, AZ.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
3+ Years Medical and/or Behavioral Billing Experience
Offering Excellent Salary
Full Benefits, Including 401K and Generous PTO/PST (4+ weeks)
Accounts Receivable Specialist II Duties Include:
- Processing of electronic and paper remits, including the posting of patient portions, denials, adjustments, contractual allowance and recoupments.
- Reconciles daily reporting from multiple bank accounts to receivable accounts.
- Accurately posts patient and insurance payor payments to patient accounts timely, calculates and enters contractual adjustments, and patient discounts.
- Identifies and reports issues, discrepancies, and opportunities for improvement to management.
- Train and mentor teammates.
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
Apply with your resume at www.terroshealth.org
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years medical and/or behavioral billing experience, especially in the area of account and payment reconciliation.
- 3+ years’ experience with medical terminology and using an electronic medical record and billing system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HCPC’s, CPT, and diagnosis coding.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft suite, especially excel functions and tools.
- Experience interacting with external payers and stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring and training others on claims and/or coding functions.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- This role is a non-driving position. This position is performed at one location and does not require travel to various Terros Health centers. May be 18 years of age and with less than two years’ driving experience or no driving experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies.
- Must pass a TB Test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.