Solar Construction Supply Chain Manager
Terrasmart is the leading turn-key solution provider for solar mounting systems. We design, engineer, manufacture, and install solar mounting systems for commercial and utility scale projects. As a specialist in ground mount, roof mount, and custom designed specialty solar structures, we focus on providing best-in-class solar racking systems and project management capabilities to serve owners and integrators.
Terrasmart is an exciting and dynamic place to work, with a wide range of career opportunities. If you are looking to have a meaningful career with purpose, it's time to consider joining the Terrasmart team!
Supply Chain Manager oversees the Product Delivery Department of our supply chain, covering daily and strategic purchasing and material control functions, including staff and supporting activities. Responsible for procurement activities, including purchasing execution on strategic category demand, along with firm demand, management and scheduling of suppliers for OTS and fabricated components used in our structural balance of systems (SBOS), transportation, logistics and fulfilment, and other categories as required by the business unit. Responsibilities also include orchestrating the integration and enablement a central purchasing, scheduling and fulfilment, including material planning, material control and inventory management of raw materials and components, inventory support on finished goods, fulfillment and demand management, and other tasks as assigned, including but not limited to presentations, reporting, data collection, and analysis. Support of the SIOP process and collaborating with the category management group, the supply chain manager focusses on the seamless execution of supply to our project-based business.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Duties)
- Building and developing the Product Delivery team, coaching, goal setting and expectation management.
- Covering annual review cycle and team performance development.
- Identify training & development requirements, system enhancements, along with process improvements to optimize workflows and automation and any related policy / procedure updates.
- Manage the Purchasing and Inventory Control functions.
- Manage and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and managing the inventories of raw materials and finished goods.
- Manage scheduling and fulfilment teams that are responsible for on time delivery and supplier performance.
- Interview and hire staff and oversee staff training.
- Work closely with operations and materials control staff to purchase OTS, fabricated, steel, and raw materials and purchased items.
- Responsible for ERP system data integrity and accuracy.
- Provide team support for procurement at the supplier level including negotiating and designing proper supply chain channels for each company.
- Ensure tightly controlled firm and forward demand within the ERP system and develop processes and procedures to optimize system data quality.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
- Prepare instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures. Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Identify strategic sources and negotiates pricing and agreements.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices to internal staff.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy. Monitor vendor performance and meets with suppliers to maintain vendor relations.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure ability to meet shipping requirements and monitor inventory turns to best utilize capital investment.
- Review inventory for slow moving and/or discontinued products. Make recommendations for inventory changes.
- Coordinate physical inventory process with appropriate departments. Ensure cycle count system is operating effectively.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials according to corporate policy.
- Coordinate department procedures in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Coordinates all direct, indirect, and transportation sourcing within our TMS platform and alignment with corporate commodity management.
- Quality Control of internal and external production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employee(s) Group/Department Supervised
Product Delivery Department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Additionally, the physical demands and the work environment typically encountered are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Experience: (an equivalent combination of education and/or experience)
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field.
- 5-7 Years of Experience in Procurement, Inventory, or related Area
- 2+ Years of Experience in Management
- Procurement experience in electrical components
- ERP system experience (2+ years)
- Experience in Epicor ERP highly desirable.
Licenses / Certifications
APICS/ISM, C.P.M., preferred.
- Hybrid Role: 2 days in office, 3 days remote
- Travel: 25%
- Outstanding Employee Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, 401(k) with company match
- Meaningful Work in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Team-oriented culture
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Work/Life Balance
Please visit our website to learn more about our organization: https://www.terrasmart.com/
Integrity and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. Our focus is on hiring and developing the best talent available and creating a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for everyone. We are a team-based organization. We listen carefully to our people and to our clients so we can build an organization that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations. We are committed to our customers and our employees and helping them grow to their fullest potential. Surpassing our competition has made us the industry leader; a position we will strive to enhance.
EEO and ADA
Terrasmart is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Terrasmart complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all applicable state or local laws and will consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants and employees. If you believe you need an accommodation, refer any such request to the Human Resources Department.
TerrasmartFort Myers, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.